Eon of Tears - OMG!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

Eon of Tears - OMG!!!

Maybe you all know about it, but I was surprised. I just found out that some guys are going to make RPG called Eon of Tears, which will have biblical setting. They even say that you will be able to play Jesus, Moses or angels... Imagine that!

For pity's sake! Level 14 Moses with staff +3 and using fireball on a talking bush!!!

Jesus Chirst! I heard some crap, but... Jesus Christ!

Link is here - official site - http://www.evillusion.com/eonoftears/eonoftearsAnglais.html
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:58 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Yes, there was already a discussion about it in the Off-Topic forum. A discussion that was eventual locked.
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:08 am
stanthony
One Smart Dog
One Smart Dog

quote:
Originally posted by Val
Yes, there was already a discussion about it in the Off-Topic forum. A discussion that was eventual locked.

...for religious intolerance I guess?

Sorry, I haven't seen it - I'm quite new here on RPGDot And I honestly I hate off-topic sections on any forum. If I feel off-topic I'd rather go and walk my dog or something
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:13 am
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

Nah, some people just couldn't handle it. Especially when someone swept in and proclaimed this or that or someone stupid, evil, or something along those lines.

EDIT: Off topic isn't that bad. It just needs some moderation.
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:18 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

How interesting, Ive been thinking of this very idea lately. Ever since I saw some fella on the official NWN boards talking about making some religious-themed modules.
Think of this- an RPG as one of the 12 disciples. That would be cool, even if it was completely as a learning type of game. Or, get this- an RTS with all biblical forces. There would be a "Godly" race. Instead of hero units, Prophet units with abilities like "part water" so your forces can pass previusly impassible water and "burning bush" where you wipe out huge chunks of wood resources.Plague of Locusts. Air units would be like Seraphim and stuff and priests can covert enemy units like aoe. God powers like AOM too.

On the other side of the spectrum would be the "UnGodly" races, like Babylon, Sodom and Gomorrah,etc. They would have units like False Prophets, heretics, suicidal posessed, conjured demon units. I think that would rock.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:26 am
Oye
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

would i be sued for blasphemy if i played a norty jesus?

¯|_
   |_     
     |_

Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 6:30 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

I rather not to get involved in things like this. A lightning could hit me. *Looks around waiting for something horiblle*
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 12:54 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Interesting idea. I like thit however all games that I ever read about with biblical setting were very very bad. Do you know about good game with such setting?
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 1:00 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

I don't get this... why make an RPG of an allready written "story"?
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:40 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

It is not so unussual.
Post Sat Nov 30, 2002 4:46 pm
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land
Stranger In A Strange Land

quote:
Originally posted by Rawis
I don't get this... why make an RPG of an allready written "story"?

People often want LOTR games, so it's not so unusual to use an existing story. Whether a religious one would work or not - who knows?
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:26 am
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I think it would work, and its the first step of many. Whether it hits really big or not remains to be seen. Just like blood in games. Remember what a huge deal the blood in Mortal Kombat was? Once the line was crossed, now its standard fare in games. There is a market for it, but who knows how big it would be. Like Christian heavy metal music. Sure its there, and it has it's devotees but it isnt a real big mainstream hit. I guess Creed and U2 have had Christian themes somewhat in their music but it isnt that evident.
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:23 am
irritantnumber6
Village Leader
Village Leader

I could possibly be interested in it, unless the publishers were connected to any church in some way. No way any church is getting my money.
Post Thu Dec 05, 2002 1:26 am