help please i think i did a big boo boo
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
angie
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

help please i think i did a big boo boo

i did the quest for the trang and smashed the ship and then i went and killed the mother ship of the trang! but now i need to get to the sea caves for the other ball but dont know how to get there!!!

please help im sure there was another way to the sea caves but cant rember!!

thank you all
Post Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:27 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The Sea Caves can be accessed (with a couple other areas in between) from the Mt. Gigas underwater training area and from Bayjin.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Aug 24, 2002 11:39 pm
angie
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

hi thanks for the help i managed to get the destinae dom and got that i am now in the rapax castle and very stuck. very hard fight!!!!
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:51 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

No problem. And yes, the Rapax Castle can be pretty tough. You might consider becoming a Templar for a while if you haven't already.
Post Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:11 pm
otter
One of Us

Yah, i usually go as directly as possible to the Castle as soon as i get to the Rift, become a Templar, and then finish the Rift, killing A-S on the way through. I went at L15 (Three Lords) this last time, straight outta the Trangaporter on the 2nd trip to MB. Spent more than a mil at Ferro's to make the rest of the game a breeze. (hadn't even been Beyjin yet--Maulers 42, Rock Crabs Nil)
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:31 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Fights with large group of Rapax were maybe most interesting fights in whole game.
Everytime you need to think hardly about your tactics, because they are very often mixed (I mean magicians, melee fighters and range fighters together in one group).
Very interesting fights - but well, not so interesting when you cast death wish and asfixation (spelled?). One turn and there is just several floating bags :].
Post Thu Sep 05, 2002 3:00 pm
angie
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

just finished castle

just finished castle and killed as i must agree with danick that asphisiation and the staff of doom was a very big help. hope it will help as much in ass peak. will it get any worse and if so what wepons will help??

thank you all the the feedback

angie
Post Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:23 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Yes, it will get worse, lets say much worse.

Here is what I did:
I had two very very strong melee fighters in first row and one weak fighter with high critical hit ratio behind them. Then there were one ranger with very high number of critical hits.
And in last raw, there were two strong spellcasters. One with spells like death wish, instant death, healing and one with spells like asphisiation.

It was really good combination - most enemies were dead before they reached me. But still there were some really difficult fights, especially with large groups (in some places I guess there were around 50 enemies in one time around me :]).
Post Sun Sep 08, 2002 5:01 pm
angie
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

oh my god ive finished the game!!!

brill loved every minutie of it!!!

going to try again now with some different people

thank you for all the answers this site is ace, makes a hard battle easier to handle when you know other people have probs to.

so thankyou to all of you
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:42 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Congrats Angie, also remember to turn the difficulty up a notch to challenge your new experience with the game to keep the battles interesting.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:22 pm
angie
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

i hope you are joking Michael?

i was on normal if i go to difficult i think i will have a nervous breakdown it was hard enough on normal!!!

what will it be like on difficult? do the people have the same stats but the monsters get harder? or do they all get better stats? i hope you understand what i mean by all that!!!

also what would be a difficult party to have? one that you really have to work with if you know what i mean. because i think that was the best part of the game, trying to get your party to be the best.

in this last game i had a lizardman fighter, faire ninga (which i will have again, she was brill at the end), bishop, phonic, valquarie, robot, samori, and val.

Want some different people this time.
looked at the postings but couldnt understand what they were on about

thanks angie
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:14 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Congrats Angie,

I think that if you will play on "difficult" setting, you meat stronger monsters and maybe also more monsters. Generaly you will get a little bit more exp. points (I think), but ofcourse not enough to make game same as on normal setting.

I think you had very difficult party. Normal/strongest party is something like two strong fighters, two strong spell casters (attack), one strong healer (defence) and for example ranger.

You can make your game more difficult by playing with less than 6 members in your party (I believe that it is better to use diff. slider), choose not ordinary members (bard, psionic...) and choose races according your wish and not according "who is best for what".
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:50 pm
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by angie
i hope you are joking Michael?

i was on normal if i go to difficult i think i will have a nervous breakdown it was hard enough on normal!!!

what will it be like on difficult? do the people have the same stats but the monsters get harder? or do they all get better stats? i hope you understand what i mean by all that!!!

also what would be a difficult party to have? one that you really have to work with if you know what i mean. because i think that was the best part of the game, trying to get your party to be the best.

in this last game i had a lizardman fighter, faire ninga (which i will have again, she was brill at the end), bishop, phonic, valquarie, robot, samori, and val.

Want some different people this time.
looked at the postings but couldnt understand what they were on about

thanks angie

No I'm not joking , You should really try the "Hard" difficulty, thus you will now know what's important how develop your characters skills and attributes, and having finished the game also showes that your strategies regarding battle also must have reach a adequate level. The monsters will be a bit stronger, not so much in numbers, but mosly in "level", which means they cast higher power level spells, and have higher penetration chances in melee combat, and are less receptive against bad ailments, like paralyse, poison etc. It's not a huge difference, but notable and besides the higher level monsters also give higher experience points!
Be aware, you also now know where to reach the last 2 Characters you probably want to join your party. You also now know the Chracters professions and can choose your first 6 characters accordingly to adapt to the later character's.
Another angle could be to keep the difficulty, and then only have 2-4 characters in your party. They will level up like crazy compared to a full party, and they will get really strong much earlier in the game, and have semigod-like powers in the endgame. But the first 10 levels will be hard to keep them alive, and battles willl in general be considerable longer.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:55 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by Michael C
...and battles willl in general be considerable longer.

Yes, this is what made "smaller" parties unplayable for me. Battle with 10 enemies and 2 "people" in your party is simply endless (and in begining also too difficult).
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:03 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

This can be made a little more tolerable with the "wizfast" utility, which speeds up combat significantly.
Post Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:57 pm

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next