RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

[quote="Squeek"]
quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
This thread DOES contain one simple fact......a DEV saying it never existed.

quote:
Originally posted by Squeek
The fact is you came forward, quoting what you claim a DEV told you. And now you are misquoting that to suit your position.

Ok, here is the copy/paste AGAIN............what have i misquoted???

nitro wrote:
> The thread is quite long, but it comes down to this....Chromanin
> having alternate ending, plus additional quests and items. One person
> claims it, and another "thinks" he vaguely remembers it happening.

Well, he could vaguely remember to met an alien.
At least this would have the same probability.

> PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE answer the thread....and say whether the quest
> exists or not. I, and he, will accept your answer as FACT.

All has been said in the thread already.
The point is, that the required data/files
(to produce such effects) does NOT exist.

> There is little use in replying to me directly. I am an IT manager,
> and my son knows I could easily fake a reponse from you through email.

I'm no longer working for Piranha Bytes and I had
to reinstall my Windows box. If I would remember
my password for the RPGdot message board, I would
post a short line

If your son still believes in the hoax...
my mobile phone number is +xx.xxx.xxxxxxx
But be aware that my English is very bad.

Best regard,
Nico Bendlin

quote:
That claim and your claim to have thoroughly checked the code are as unverified as wolverine-men's original claim that he saw the old man (technically less, since Wulf says he saw the old man too).

Wolverine-men's claim is difficult to believe for many reasons expressed here, so your claims seem much more likely. But facts are facts.

Myself, I would have dismissed this as a hoax long ago except for Wulf. I'm glad I didn't. The discussions in the usergroup have been interesting and fun.

Me looking at the code maybe has'nt been verified as scientific fact, but I am the only one in this stupid thread that has offered ANY tangible proof. Even Wulf and others have searched the code for possible hidden data and found zip. I don't think you realize I WANTED this all to be true, and I searched with every tool and means i had. After finding nothing I went further and contacted a DEV.....and you are welcome to do the same. Why blindly believe me, Wulf, wolverine_man, or even Nico.........contact ALL the DEVs if you wish. For me, my research and Nico's word was enough.

@Wulf.....I offered to give you Nico's number in private, but you declined. That told me alot about your motives in this 43 page hoax. You claim to want to find the truth but won't look to the people that KNOW the truth. Your cryptic posts remind me very much of the thread starters posts. Hmmmm. I know you would love me to go away and let you perpetuate this crap, but that won't happen. Maybe you think it is harmless fun, but it was not harmless to my son. You think i sound like a broken record....you should read your cryptic crap that gives no useful info yet strings this hoax along.

@ the forum mods and admin........you gave this hoax a usergroup. Don't you think it is time to lay this hoax to rest in the forum? Those that wish to pursue this fantasy can do so in their private usergroup. Allowing it to continue here will only suck in more people that might get hurt by it.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:23 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

I almost forgot........Wulf is very knowledgable about the game and I am sure the usergroup was able to learn some new things.......just not about this hoax.

It may become a reality though. My son got obsessed trying to find the old man, and has decided to learn game programming. He has written a nice storyline and is studying to learn how to code it into the game. Even though he was hurt by this hoax, something good has come from it.....or might come if he learns to code it and sticks to it lol.

He wants to tie in the old man, and magic weapon, the mine area that was never completed, and a UBER BOSS. You'll have to play correctly to get the old man, as has been theorized here. He will give you a quest to go to the mine and face the big boss...............but you have to do other quests to obtain the magic weapon to defeat the uber boss. I know that is not original since it is basicly the storyline of Gothic......find the bad weapon(Uriziel) and defeat the big boss(sleeper)

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:12 am
Squeek
Village Leader
Village Leader

quote:
what have i misquoted???

Well, a quote is a quote. We all know what that means. Get it wrong, and it's a misquote. Take a closer look if you really don't see it.

It's not just the misquotes either. You often mischaracterize. For instance, here is how you described Wulf to Nico:
quote:
....and another "thinks" he vaguely remembers it happening.

See? That was totally slanted. You do that a lot.

This subject seems really important to you, and I think you've gone off the deep end a little. Sorry. Instead of closing this thread, maybe you should just excuse yourself from the discussion, Uritziel. You made your point. Give it a break, maybe?
Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 5:44 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

quote:
quote:
what have i misquoted???

Well, a quote is a quote. We all know what that means. Get it wrong, and it's a misquote. Take a closer look if you really don't see it.

It's not just the misquotes either. You often mischaracterize. For instance, here is how you described Wulf to Nico:
quote:
....and another "thinks" he vaguely remembers it happening.

See? That was totally slanted. You do that a lot.

This subject seems really important to you, and I think you've gone off the deep end a little. Sorry. Instead of closing this thread, maybe you should just excuse yourself from the discussion, Uritziel. You made your point. Give it a break, maybe?

Apparently my point still elludes you. People have been harmed by this hoax and this should end to avoid further harm. Instead it is left here and even encouraged by a few members. Why do you feel the need to continue the hoax?

BTW, human memory can easily change and evolve over time. Hell I sometimes give answers to questions on this forum and confuse Gothic and G2/NOTR. I said in the email to Nico that someone "thinks" they remembered it, not to slant a point of view, but to include the possibility he really saw it without saying he was dam sure positive about it.....and i think Nico's response was amusing lol.

Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:17 am
LeftyNinefingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I had a dream last night. I dreamed I was playing Gothic (and not actually IN Gothic like most of my Gothic dreams tend to be). I lead the hero (Rutherford the Brave as I usually name him) Through the tunnels in the fog tower down to where you normally find the corpse, and over to the dark corner with the cobwebs. Only this time there was a deep shaft in the corner and Rutherford the Brave fell quite a ways. When he landed I turned him around to reveal a wide open cave overlooking the sea with a man standing at the mouth. The textures did not load right away and for a second the man was standing in what looked like mid air. The textures finally loaded and I could see he was just standing there looking to the left side of the cave, and not out onto the sea which I thought was strange. I ran over to him to see what his name was, and above his head apeared Huh. The dream ended. The only thing I remember thinking about in the dream is how ironic it was that right after I give up hope and dedided I would never find him I should then subsequently find him.
Post Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:06 pm
jaylittle
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Disclaimer: I love the Gothic Series. G1, G2 and NOTR are defintely the best RPGs I have played in a long time.

That having been said, this thread takes pathetic to a whole new level. Anybody who has played Gothic games knows one thing: There are always things that the devs never got around to finishing. Compare G2 to NOTR and tell me that this isn't the case. I'm quite sure that the content within NOTR was supposed to be part of G2 itself rather than being released as an addon... but they just didn't find the time to get it into the original release (thank god they put out the addon as I'm just now playing NOTR as part of Gothic 2 Gold and boy is it good)

I can't believe that people are still being sucked in by this hoax. There is no alternate ending to the quest mentioned in this thread. There are no black helicopters watching your every move. Wearing tin-foil on your head will not protect you. Microsoft doesn't ship their operating systems with NSA sponsored backdoors. Game Developers like easter eggs. Players like easter eggs. Putting an Easter Egg into the game that nobody will ever find or somehow encrypting the content and modifying the in-game cheat utilities so that the egg itself is undetectable is stepping outside the boundaries of reality.

Everything about Gothic indicates that they were created in the middle of a time crunch. People in time crunches don't spew out complicated encrypted scripts and elaborate game engine modifications for the sole purpose of keeping what would've have been a pretty cool easter egg from being found by any of the fans even years after the games release.

If that doesn't make sense to the deluded minds still pursuing this pointless topic... then there is truly no hope for you at all. My only hope is that you are spending so much time on this pursuit that you don't find the time to procreate.
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:56 am
LeftyNinefingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Actually, wearing Tin Foil, or Aluminum Foil as is more precise, will indeed protect your brain from penetrating rays. It works on the same principles of a Faraday Cage. Whether or not someone actually wants to read my mind, or has the technology to do so is improbable, but if they should, Tin Foil would work.
Also, the practicality of stealth helicopters is well within the realm of reality. Whether they actually exist other than the design stage is unknown. But given a large enough budget and the brightest of minds they are extremely possible. Sonic waves can be negated by sub-sonic waves, and thus appear to be silent. This can be applied to such practical applications as lawn mowers, automobiles, dishwashers, pretty much anything you can think of that makes a lot of noise to be silenced. The thing I find hardest to believe is that the American government has NOT developed stealth helicopters.
Furthermore, when I was a student I was studying Graphic Design with the intent to one day be a pre-production designer for LucasArts. That train has sailed, but my interest in games has not gone away. If I were to be a game developer in any way shape or form I can GUARANTEE you a super secret easter egg would ABSOLUTELY be in any games I made. This whole idea is nothing new, it is just like the idea of the PCJ700 in GTA Vice City, a super secret easter egg bike that only appeared if you did everything a special way, and only if you were in the right place at the right time. This idea is nothing new, and ideed the thing I find the most surprising is that, as of yet, no one has made such an easter egg. The idea of an extremely well hidden easter egg is years old, even if a developer wasn't the first person to think of it, the idea has been struck on, and it is only a matter of time before such an egg is layed. Infact the only way such an egg could be truly secret is if it were hidden somewhere where it looked normal, so any third party hackers searching through the lines of code would dismiss it as irrelevant.
The point being, it is irresponsible to dismiss the possibility that a very hard-to-find easter egg exists. Whether it exists in Gothic, I don't know.
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 6:49 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Are we through or does anybody have something to add to the discussion?
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:30 am
Hindukönig
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

quote:
Originally posted by jaylittle
I'm quite sure that the content within NOTR was supposed to be part of G2 itself rather than being released as an addon...

No, it wasn't. Unlike you, I asked the devs.
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:34 am
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

*A formal request to rpgdot administration staff to Lock this precious thread.*
Wulverine_men . . (the head man of Piranha Bytes) on realising that there were no thread topics to be found on the true ending of the chromanin quest, took it upon himself to take on the disguise of a normal, inconspicuous forum member and help us rpgdot members gently in the right direction. As a gothic role-playing game writer he acted the part brilliantly in real life, most people fell for the disguise.
He most surely did feel some inner contentment that someone had indeed found the old man. The decision not to show a screen-shot must have been a hard one, but i would have acted likewise also. Even as he tried his best to help us without giving the solution entirely, he was "thumbscrewed" into disappearing from the forums due to the continuing flak, we were left in midstream as it were, he made his final-curtain post . . . .as follows.

""Even though I do not recall even a single occasion upon which I tried to denude the sanctity of this forum by relegating myself to the level of those who eschewed my claims by launching insults and derogatory remarks on my person, it was humorous to witness these same people coming out of the wood work all of a sudden to question my age. As the day of reckoning draws near more and more people will shy away from the daunting task at hand and in doing so would try to dissuade others to do the same. I would urge the people who still believe in the existance of the quest to stay focussed and to not give in to the sneers and jeers of the naysayers.""

Being left with this hereditament, i took it upon myself to continue on againt the thunder and lightning with some hope of searching for the answers to which i yet do not know (but have a good idea)!

However, in the recent light of the open declaration of aggressive intent by a certain forum member...
(quote:) . . . ."I know you would love me to go away and let you perpetuate this crap, but that won't happen". . . . . then there is no logical possibility in trying to continue in friendly open discussion on the topic now that the declaration of harassment intent has been sworn to continue . . . as the 'continuer' in the absence of Wulverine_men, i hereby request that the thread be not deleted but locked so that others can use it as reference should they find the answer to the puzzle. Please let this be the final post as we cannot go on like this.

On behalf of the Chomanin Seekers i wish to thank the rpgdot admin' staff for the mature minded privilege of letting the thread continue openly till now.
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:49 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Wishes granted. Thread closed.
Post Sun Dec 11, 2005 1:28 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43