I hear voices...!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Vampire

Author Thread
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

I hear voices...!

It's been some time now since I finished LoK: Blood Omen 2 but something still bugs me, and it keeps coming back in my mind. Whispers. As I was happily slaughtering the mortals that crossed my path in the first levels of the game I could hear them calling me. You know, the quiet voices that kept whispering "Kain... Kain... Kain". At some point they were not so quiet at all, - I could hear them all around me and I actually thought that some great danger will jump out on me any minute. That was very creepy. Most frightening whispers I ever heard in a game. At first I just assumed that the voices belong to some other vampires which I will undoubtedly meet. Huh. Seemed to me that the voices were not Vorador's & Co. But then the voices stopped and nothing was said about them - so I completely forgot about them. Yet, I was not free of them. When I did not expect it I heard them again. There they were - in the last level, whispers coming from some corner on the edge of hearing (I had to mute the music to make sure that I'm not imagining them ), saying the same name over and over again. Kain.

Now, I must confess that I haven't played Defiance or the first part of Blood Omen, therefore I'm not sure about all of this. So could someone please tell me, did I miss something in BO2 or are the whispers something "to be continued" ?
Post Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:12 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Ye be crazy! Run for the hills!
Post Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:39 pm
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

I was afraid I would eventually get this kind of response.

C'mon, anyone who played this game must have heard them. And speaking of playing, I'll have to play BO2 again myself, sometime...
Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:57 pm
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

I'm not sure myself, I played BO2 long time aga, but I guess it was part of the athmosFEAR
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:22 am
Krzychu
Hidden Character
Hidden Character

Heh, maybe that's all there is to it...
Spoiler:
but I still think it was somehow significant that you could hear the voices again in the Hylden city. I felt I was purposely reminded of "them" right before the end of the game. And it was so subtle, as opposed to the loud voices you heard at the start.

Anyway, atmosfear indeed. It was wickedly cool!
Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:11 pm