obvious things to come and were...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 3 General

Author Thread
Crusadus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

And what might they possibly sing of?

Those few recorded songs would get terrible when 12 or so orcs start their songs with 0.5 second intervals.

"Weee kiil hoooman, kiiil hoooman. Weee ... hooman. Weee kiiil. Weee...men. Whooo... man... weee. killl. Wee.hoo.... kill... weee... man.... homan..weee! Weee. die... man... hoooman... man... man... Weee... Kill... who... man... man... kill... killl... *unintelligible ruckus*

And even better! Whenever you happen to go past an orc, he does the "seeker act" and stops you to sing you a song! Every damn time! Just try to get through an orc camp in one hour while listening every single orc singing the same, long, stupid song. Even better if the critters would continue attacking you even as you are listening the song.

As if it wasn't hilarious enough when 3 guys say "May I pass?!?!" at the same time in G1.
Post Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:56 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, i think nobody wants it as u say. I mean nobody wants that and orc stop him to sing a song, nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Only when the orcs are in their own village or town, they just sing songs AND NOT ALL THE TIME!!! I think may nightime in a bar, or whatever they use. This is the same with the humans as well. SO not all the time and not stupid song. I can't understand u....
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:36 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I like the idea of dancing couples in a tavern. Maybe there could be some bards playing music too and singing medieval songs and poems . The bartender should be handing beers and foods to sexy barmaids, who in turn would serve customers.. If you start to think, piranhas could improve a lot to make taverns feel more alive and cosy .
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:01 pm
Provok
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

quote:
Originally posted by Dez
I like the idea of dancing couples in a tavern. Maybe there could be some bards playing music too and singing medieval songs and poems . The bartender should be handing beers and foods to sexy barmaids, who in turn would serve customers.. If you start to think, piranhas could improve a lot to make taverns feel more alive and cosy .

Ahh ... yes. What I would really want to find in games (not necessarily RPG's) are the moments of procastination. Just imagine it. You have travelled long and far and battled many foes this day, and now, exhausted (a.k.a. fatigued or how they prefer to call it), hungry and full of wounds, you enter the first village you come to.

You visit the local blacksmith, leave your weapons and armor for fixing and polishing, maybe even order some new ones, and step into "The Singing Orcs" ( ) tavern. You sit down on a chair with some other people engaged into a coversation about the problems of the kingdom and how the orc army advances dangerously ever more. The (sexy) barmaids come and take your order, notice your muscles and charm (we all know the "nameless one" has it), and leaves to get your meal and ale, not before giving a small wink.

You also enter the conversation, this way gaining knowledge about how well the army is prepared, what battles have fought and other. Another man, an adventurer as well, enters the door, also tired, and sits down in front of you. You two soon start talking about how the hunt went, what beasts you have fought, and exchange hunting tips (an alternative way of learning how to take trophies). Maybe he gives a quest as well. After finishing eating, drinking and chatting, you retire upstairs to your warm, comfy room, only to find the above mentioned barmaid waiting for you. Good night!

//Oh gawd I would kill to see this
Post Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:49 pm
Milan Kovacs
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Well, i wanted to hint on this
This should be a very big idea. But unfortunately, we don't know that if the PB put this in the game or not. And if not, nothing is lost may they'll made an expansion with this in it
Post Tue May 02, 2006 7:07 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2