Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Sacred, How to use the Blacksmith and other questions...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Sacred, How to use the Blacksmith and other questions...

Ok, I just got the game today and I've been playing for a while. I noticed that my blacksmith has only 3 choices to upgrade items...all the blacksmiths have the same choices. Is there a way to upgrade the choices or get new ones? Also, this game confuses me because one of the choices says it is level 6 and the other two are level 1 but the level 1 choice looks better. This makes no sense...how is this supposed to work? - this is frustrating me because I have old items that I have been using forever and I don't want to change them because the new items I found have only one slot where the others have 2 and since there are no new blacksmith upgrades the old suit is the best to have over all...AHHHHH

Also, have people noticed that the some of the attibutes and skills seem the exact same as others? I forget the name but endurace is exactly the same as one of the other ones.

Lastly, I'm a level 20 vampire and a level 8 mage. I've read that people are playing as vampire and somehow having really different play experiences at night...this is not happening for me. The manual talks about how vampires change at night but it has never happend to me, I just use the power and after 50 seconds or so I turn back, it doesn't matter if it is night or day..what am I doing wrong??

Help please...
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:16 am
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Also, what are the "game box" items for? Are they just easter eggs or what? I found two of them and I'm just confused because my Vampire character didn't find any but my new mage has found 2!
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:32 am
Ican
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

1. I'm as confused as you when it comes to blacsmithing items. There is no information on it in the manual ....but the tutorial hints do give a brief overview.

2. I play a vampiress too. You only turn into a vampire by using the relevant "combat art" vampiric form. And yes, it doesn't last long .... unless you have pumped up your vampire regeneration and bloodlust skills. At the moment I stay in vampiric form about 1 minute a time ( and I'm only lvl 15 )
As you have found, you can turn into a vampire during daytime, but the duration is much shorter and you take sunlight damage ( which isn't much admittedly at higher skill levels).

3. Some classes do have very similar combat arts ...the melee styles in particular. But they also have several inherent to their class too. I don't find attributes to overlap in effect. Can you give an example here ?
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 9:12 am
MORGUL
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
I noticed that my blacksmith has only 3 choices to upgrade items...all the blacksmiths have the same choices. Is there a way to upgrade the choices or get new ones? Also, this game confuses me because one of the choices says it is level 6 and the other two are level 1 but the level 1 choice looks better. This makes no sense...how is this supposed to work?

Heh im still confused about this one..but i know that you can upgrade your weapon and armor by adding jewellery in it (Ring, Amulet, Combat Rune).Sadly some of the unique(orange) attribute are not clear about their meaning though.

Some pictures about sockets items
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=78296
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:07 am
hereticiv
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Yea, I just noticed that the manual is a bit lacking in this department and it seems that I'm not the only one in the dark about the art of smithing items. About the attribute thing... I just read the detail wrong and noticed that endurace helps out with poision and constitution helps out with health and the like... when I first read them I thought they were almost the same. Perhaps someday someone will give great insight into how to use the smith more effectively. Thanks to all though
Post Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:42 am
Michael C
Black Dragon
Black Dragon

Re: How to use the Blacksmith and other questions...

I've found blacksmiths that has different levels in the 3 choices to upgrade items...all the blacksmiths however still seems to have the same kind of choices.

I've found blacksmithes who have 2 level 1 choices and 1 level 10 choice instead of the level 6 choice. I don't know if this is regarding my characters level, or other facts, but so far I've found 2 blacksmiths with the level 10 choice. One was down south in the desert region.
Post Fri Mar 26, 2004 9:32 am