Members
Usergroups
German Oblivion Preview @ GameStar
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > News Comments

Author Thread
Garrett

German Oblivion Preview @ GameStar

German printmag <a gref="http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/angespielt/rollenspiel/23531/" target="_blank">Gamestar</a> had a large preview of Elder Scrolls 4 - Oblivion in their last issue, which is now available online via the above link.
Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 5:45 pm
ericmdn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

link doesnt work

link does not redirect
Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:00 pm
Santera
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's possible to find the article here
http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/previews/angespielt/rollenspiel/23531/
Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 6:54 pm
slak
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'd love to make a translation for that, unfortunately i don't speak German.

Is there anyone that would care to translate this?
Post Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:27 pm
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

Link has been fixed!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:15 am
Silvayn
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

No idea if there are some new facts about the game as I wasn't following the buzz around Oblivion (and it seems that the whole arcticle is available only in print form), but here are some facts translated:

- construction kit included again, mod away
- you pick only the looks, gender and age (supposedly age effects again only the looks) of your character
- you start (again) in prison in Cyrodiil
- Havoc physics engine not good only for the visual part of the game, it was also used to intercorporate telekinesis spell into the game (supposedly big fun, then again - whoever played HL2 knows it's true )
- a short in-game tutorial follows (supposedly 30mins), then you get to pick character class (you get a class recommended on the end of the tutorial, depending on your actions)
- you get a compass so you won't get lost in those big woods
- you'll encounter few bandits in the forests, but (again) the most of the NPCs are concentrated in civilized areas (about 1000 NPCs together - most of them have own dialogue with sound and lip-synchonization)
- the NPCs should be more "alive" this time (i quote "thanks to the new radiant-ki-system, they now have their own life"), small irregulations used to make heads look different, their mood is reflected in their faces - you actions and answers influence their mood
- barging into house (and stealing) will generate more problems than it did in Morrowind, if you end up in prison, you can: do your time, break out (steal the key), convince the guardsmen of your innocence...
- NPCs talk even to each other (also about things that just happened in their gameworld, depending in your actions), listening to what they say yields lotsa interesting rumors (even in form of new questions in your conversation dialogues)
- no PC and NPC romances, i quote "Oblivion still remains a dungeon-hackfest"
Post Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:46 pm
Dr. A

Nice job, Silvayn

there's another summary on Waiting4Oblivion
http://www.waiting4oblivion.com/news_20050223.html

quote:
Originally posted by Silvayn
No idea if there are some new facts about the game as I wasn't following the buzz around Oblivion (and it seems that the whole arcticle is available only in print form), but here are some facts translated:

- construction kit included again, mod away
- you pick only the looks, gender and age (supposedly age effects again only the looks) of your character
- you start (again) in prison in Cyrodiil
- Havoc physics engine not good only for the visual part of the game, it was also used to intercorporate telekinesis spell into the game (supposedly big fun, then again - whoever played HL2 knows it's true )
- a short in-game tutorial follows (supposedly 30mins), then you get to pick character class (you get a class recommended on the end of the tutorial, depending on your actions)
- you get a compass so you won't get lost in those big woods
- you'll encounter few bandits in the forests, but (again) the most of the NPCs are concentrated in civilized areas (about 1000 NPCs together - most of them have own dialogue with sound and lip-synchonization)
- the NPCs should be more "alive" this time (i quote "thanks to the new radiant-ki-system, they now have their own life"), small irregulations used to make heads look different, their mood is reflected in their faces - you actions and answers influence their mood
- barging into house (and stealing) will generate more problems than it did in Morrowind, if you end up in prison, you can: do your time, break out (steal the key), convince the guardsmen of your innocence...
- NPCs talk even to each other (also about things that just happened in their gameworld, depending in your actions), listening to what they say yields lotsa interesting rumors (even in form of new questions in your conversation dialogues)
- no PC and NPC romances, i quote "Oblivion still remains a dungeon-hackfest"
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:08 am

AssCannon

Yet another preview brought to you by the f'ng Sweedish Chef!
Post Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:03 am