Usergroups
RPGs in Production
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I added X-Men Legends 2 back since I discovered it is getting a PC release as well.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:57 am
Arma
Mysterious Lady
Mysterious Lady

Is it definate that Legends 2 is getting a PC release? Gauntles - Seven Sorrows was supposed to as well, but the PC version got canned in the end.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:33 am
Enderandrew
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It could be cancelled, but right now the developer is saying a PC version will be released.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:00 am
Dajjer
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Enderandrew
quote:
Originally posted by corwin
If the Divinity series isn't an RPG, then pray tell what is it!! I consider DD one of the best of the modern CRPG's!! Lots of stats, lots of Character development, massive plot, etc, etc!!

I've never played it, but a friend of mine is a big fan of the series and yet claims it is most definately not an RPG and an adventure game. I don't really know.

Great list Thanks.

BTW, I think either your friend was confused about Divine Divinity or he was pulling your lariot. DD is one of my all time favorite RPGs. And i typically do not like top down perspective RPGs.
Post Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:45 pm
RPG Frog
Blade Runner
Blade Runner

So their will be an Arx2 after Dark Messiah? Is this confirmed with Arkane?
Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities…there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars…Hither came Conan, the Cimmerian, black-haired, sullen-eyed, sword in hand…to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandaled feet. - Robert E. Howard
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:12 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

No, it´s not confirmed.
Post Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:35 pm
Melvil
Village Leader
Village Leader

based on the way that the goblins scream for help in the MM trailer, I'd say MM: Dark Messiah is Arx 2 (for all intents and purposes), and that Arkane scored a big deal by changing its franchise into the new MM series.

I'd love it if Arx 2 was created though
Post Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:34 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

I remember Arkane saying they'd begun work on Arx 2 without a publisher, as they had done with the first game, and the movies I've seen and previews I've read have got Arx Fatalis written all over them (all that's missing is the rune-drawing)... I also think it's likely that Dark Messiah is Arx 2, with Arkane's deal with Ubisoft bringing about the change of name and franchise. Doesn't bother me... looks like there could be a fantastic follow-up to Arx next year, whatever its name is. Afterwards, I guess there's no reason for Arkane not to return to Arx eventually, but depending on demand/hype/sales/etc, the opportunity to go straight into a Dark Messiah sequel might present itself.

It would be nice to see a genuine return to Arx sometime though. It was a great setting with much potential - the Travellers' Guild's gruelling existence could be a unique and memorable gaming experience, if handled well.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to Dark Messiah a great deal, and whatever else Arkane do - I've got a lot of respect for them. I have a lot of respect for Irrational too, and I can't wait for Bioshock to scare the bejeezus out of me.

Oh and btw: hello everyone!!!!
Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:51 am
Sly Boots
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

That Daemon Vector game looks sweet! I hadn't heard of it before today. Anybody heard anything about it?
- Spinal Tap's Stonehenge
Post Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:43 am
Arngrim
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Update it with: The Rebel Planet: Chapter One: Orion and Heart of Eternity. Thanks.
Post Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:07 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2