Usergroups
Suggestions/reviews?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Adventure Games

Author Thread
ministry
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

grim fandango, no way, i found it to be one of the clumsiest games i've ever played, with poor camera work, funny, and entertaining but not well executed.
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:02 am
Pharazon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes way, its true that it were a bit off with the camera work sometimes, but overall it were a great game, how much does actually the camerawork have to do with how good a adventure game is. I can see that its a big plus with good camera work, but it have to truly suck to make me say its a bad game becouse of it.
Post Tue Apr 13, 2004 4:04 pm
MoonDragon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Just this very moment, I watched the closing credits of Syberia 2.

Wow! What a worthy sequel. Everything that made the first one awsome is in this one with some spice on top.

Playing the first one is not very necessary to play this one, but I would definately recommend it. Mainly because the two together tell a story, which progresses from the normal world to ultra bizarre. The first game drops you off at around quite strange and the second game picks up right after that.

Puzzles were consistent with the first game. Towards the end, I did not appreciate some of the walking they made me do to solve some of the puzzles. I will never see reason in making me walk back and forth across 7 screens 3-4 times to solve a simple 3 clicks puzzle. Also, some of the puzzles are actually exercises in comprehension and paying attention. Which can get a bit trying at times.

I would definately recommend this game. Especially since the price is very right.
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:52 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Pharazon
Is there a reason for why nobody has mentioned "Grim Fandango"?

Yeah - forgetfulness! I really liked it, but I never finished it (must dig it out again). There were one or too bits that I found slightly irritiating or tedious, but on the whole it was very good (especially considering it was the first attempt at a new style of control & presentation) and I absolutely loved everything about the setting & the art style - so imaginative. The early cut-scene showing Manny's trip to the world of the living was amazing, one of the weirdest and most memorable movie scenes I've ever seen in a game. Short but sweet!
Post Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:24 pm
Sir Markus
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Sanitarium and Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within were both outstanding. They're a little old, but if memory serves they would hold up fairly well compared to the newer Adventure games. I especially recommend Sanitarium; very cool IMO.
Post Sat May 22, 2004 8:27 am
HiddenX
The Elder Spy
The Elder Spy

Recommended adventure games:

Beyond Good & Evil
Gabriel Knight I,II,III
The Longest Journey
Grim Fandango
Runaway
Post Tue Mar 29, 2005 8:42 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2