Henchman Quest Problem
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Henchman Quest Problem

Completed all henchman quests in Chapter 1, and had no problems completing all henchman quests in Chapter 2, except for Linu La'Neral. Unlike the other henchman, when I first greet her in Chapter 2 she acts as if we've never met. I retrieved the Silver Chalice of Moon Bow for her in Chapter 1, she was so grateful that she gave me a Pendant of the Elf that I still have on me, and then she acts as if she doesn't know me? Dames! Anyway, sure enough, unlike the other henchman in Chapter 2, when I have her join me her dialogue options stop just short of offering me a quest.

Sounds like a scripting problem to me -- I assume the program thinks I've never met this henchman before, and therefore I never completed a prior quest with her. And if I'm not mistaken, whenever you don't complete a henchman quest in a previous Chapter, you don't get the opportunity to do another one with the same henchman in subsequent Chapters.

Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this? Is there an in-game console I could use to run some specific scripting command? Yes, I could just ignore the problem and go on, but I'm an experience points junkie, and don't want to pass up the chance to get more points if I can help it, especially when they are rightfully due!
Post Fri May 09, 2003 8:49 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

There must be more to it, because I had a similar situation with a different henchman (the gnome caster). I kept getting a message about needing to spend more time with him. Granted, I never did spend more time with him to see if that would "clear up" the problem.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Fri May 09, 2003 9:19 pm
OctU
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Another "user error" on my part. Had left Pendant of the Elf in a bag back at the temple when talking to Linu at the barracks.

Went back to temple, picked up pendant, came back to Linu, problem solved -- she recognized me again and gave me a new quest.

A good FYI to know: a henchman will only remember your past quests with them and will only give you new ones so long as you have their "quest reward" item in your inventory whenever you talk with them (assuming, of course, that your character is also high enough level for quest to be offered by henchman in the first place).
Post Mon May 12, 2003 5:52 pm