Usergroups
Did you all buy this game ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Q2. Hey I wasnt gonna buy it, so ill warez it, they arent lossing anything are they?

A2. Yes they are, recently figures were released that for ever 1 purchaser, there is 100 people downloading/or buying a pirated copy. Now lets say warez wasnt so readible, that ratio would probably drop to 1:50 etc etc. Just because you werent gonna buy it, doesnt give you the right to steal it, its not your property its still the publishers until you pay the right to play it. Like the car example, why buy a car when I can drive yours, perhaps I wont give it back. Your not pleased? I stole your car? But, I wasnt gonna buy it? How is that wrong? Cause it is, Period!

-----------------

The thing is.. my friend bought it in a "private" (it's legal=) shop .. but they does not by all those ex of games.. they buy like 1 of 1 kind.. and copy it ! they dont even use original packages... so then if i get a copy of a copy... what difference does that make ? I get a copy for free.. or go and get a copy for a lot of money... if i go to a normal shop and pay A REAL BUNCH of money.. i maby get the real thing... ..
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:30 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

That shop selling copies is Illegally selling them, and your stealing too.

Even if a Friend gives you a copy of a legal one he bought, he had right to play it not you, so your stealing that way too.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:38 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

'ill see if i can afford the game.. but if I cant for now.. i'll borrow it.. or.. borrow some money...
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:44 am
Kiwi Boy
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok the one
The thing is.. my friend bought it in a "private" (it's legal=) shop .. but they does not by all those ex of games.. they buy like 1 of 1 kind.. and copy it ! they dont even use original packages... so then if i get a copy of a copy... what difference does that make ? I get a copy for free.. or go and get a copy for a lot of money... if i go to a normal shop and pay A REAL BUNCH of money.. i maby get the real thing... ..

I don't fully understand what you've said. By "private (it's legal=) shop", do you mean the shops that are selling counterfeit games? If so, sure, you're PAYING money. However, ALL those money will go to the revenue of counterfeit shops -- NONE will go to the developers. So, this is a lose-lose situation: both end-user and the developers lose the game. If the shop you're refering to is really a counterfeit shop, I suggest: don't go there anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarok the one
'ill see if i can afford the game.. but if I cant for now.. i'll borrow it.. or.. borrow some money...

If you "borrow" the game and install it into your computer, this is also called "stealing" because you can only install the copy of the game to ONE computer. Anyways, to steal or not to steal, that's purely your choice.

BTW, few comments. This thread is off-topic. Also, as some of you may know, RPGDot has a somewhat close relationship to Piranha Bytes. So, this thread may end up a flame war if we continue the discussion.

Last edited by Kiwi Boy on Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:44 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yeah... But I cant afford.. specially at the other shops... and i dont know if anyone want to borrow me money .....
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:47 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

BTW, few comments. This thread is off-topic. Also, as some of you may know, RPGDot has a somewhat close relationship to Piranha Bytes. So, this thread may end up a flame war if we continue the discussion.

okay ?
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:49 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

okey ! you made me feel bad now.. =) cuz of all these stealing and shit.. I'll buy the game BUT SOME ONE MUST BORROW ME SOME MONEY !! OR I WILL DIE !! cant wait a month (or more) then my friends allready have finnished the game...
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 2:55 am
DABhand
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

This thread wont end in flames, my big thread was to stop people posting with their excuses As ive already answered them.

And Rag, We all are poor at times in our lives, because we are poor also doesnt mean we have to steal. Hell I cant buy a Private Jet probably never anyways, so I steal it? lol Its the same for everything, sure you cant get now, but imagine how sweet it will be when you get your geniune copy at last and open that wrapper and read the manual inside and marvel at the pretty pictures on the cd's and knowing that your contributing to the 3rd part of the series
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:15 am
Ragnarok the one
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

when i get it.. the shops have stopped selling it... =) no it shouldnt be that bad... well... I have changed my mind about copying games now thanks to you guys... feels a lot better now.. i must spread this knowledge to my mates
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 3:19 am
DragoonHunter
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

wuhu
good post there DABhand

and for rag:
var för fan en bra svensk nu och gå och köp spelet istället för att ladda ner det. vill du verkligen inte belöna dom som har slitit på detta spel så att du kan ha roligt med det?
jag hoppas du fattar rätt beslut! (köpa det i en vanlig affär )
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:14 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Everything has been said. Thread closed.
Post Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:44 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2