A very SERIOUS problem!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
andreyiu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

A very SERIOUS problem!!!

How do i increase my Magic Circle???An NPC must do that,or i have to use some scrols or runes?
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:29 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You need to be a mage to increase circles........then just talk to the NPC's in the monastery.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:37 pm
andreyiu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I didn't find nobody that can increase my Magic Circle in the monastery?What is wrong?...Maybe because i'm a Water Mage!HELP
Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:48 am
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

You are NOT a water mage. You can't be a water mage. You have joined the Circle of Water.....they are the warriors for the Water mages.

As I said, you have to be in the mage guild to be able to learn magic circles. If you are militia/paladin or mercenary you can't learn the circles. Once you are a mage, the dude standing in front of the church teaches the first few circles. Other mages in the monastery teach higher circles as the game progresses.

Before you learn the circles you have to me a MAGE, not just someone in the mage guild, which means you have to complete several tasks for the other mages to become worthy. Then you have to complete the "test of fire", which allows you to be an actual mage. After becoming a mage you can start learning circles.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:55 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by Uriziel
You are NOT a water mage. You can't be a water mage. You have joined the Circle of Water.....they are the warriors for the Water mages.

To be exact: you are a member of the Ring of Water. The Circle of Water are the Water mages, just like the Circle of Fire are the fire mages.
The Ring of Water is the secret organisation that helps the Water mages and protects them. Members of the Ring of Water are Adanos' fighters, like the paladins are Innos' fighters.
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:18 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Yeah,

Ring of fire = Paladin order
Ring of water = Secret warriors and helpers of water mages

Circle of fire = Fire magicians
Circle of Water = Water magicians

Only difference is that the order of paladins is not a secret organization unlike ring of water which works behind the curtain.

Though I wonder how can one become a water magician. They don't seem to be as willing to accept new cadidates as the fire mages do. Its a shame. I've allways liked them more . Do you think that water mages have some authority in the kingdom? Do they also have monestaries?
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:54 pm
andreyiu
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm afraid that i can't increase my Magic Circle!I'm already a Paladin!But there is no other way?Maybe with "MARVIN"!If that can help me,PLEASE,let me know!O,and thanks for your help!
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:28 pm
kriksa
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

dude, youre not meant to have magic circles as a paladin, paladins can use some runes, but you have to be a firemage to use serious magic and to advance in circles

There should be a way with marvin, but i cant remember how, since i rarely use it
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 5:42 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

You can do stuff like that with characterhelper.

type in the console: "insert ch" without " "
Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:37 pm
Sem
Solid as a Rock
Solid as a Rock

quote:
Originally posted by kriksa
dude, youre not meant to have magic circles as a paladin, paladins can use some runes

Paladins will get new runes as the story progresses. After you've gone to a new chapter, check again to see if you can get new runes already.
Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:39 pm