How many missions do you fail?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
LeftyNinefingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How many missions do you fail?

Something happened to me which I don't remember happening before. Normal when I go through a game I only fail three missions; "Xardas the Necromancer", "Admission to . . " and "Admission to. . ."
I just joined the New Camp, and when I looked at the notebook I had failed all the Old Camp missions, even though I had completed them all, including Admission to the Old Camp. It says I fail "New Fence for Fisk", Admission to the Swamp Camp", "Recipe of the Sect", "Vanished Guard", "Test of Faith", "Thorus' Quest", and "Admission to the Old Camp." All of these missions were completed in their entirety, and I don't recall this happeneing before.
Does this normally occur?
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:00 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Doesn´t sound right.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:48 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

Not saying this is what happened in Lefty9f's case but for me in the past, playing with the level changer over a marvin implemented save-game can get similar happenings. The level changer see's only the essential storyline quests to change - many sub-quests are not accounted for but become noticable at the point of camp joining time, depending on exactly where you level changed prior to joining the camp, so arises the anomally.

edited:
I should have said chapterchanger also - not just levelchanger.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 2:13 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Never happened to me. I do get another failed quest every now and then too though, the quest for Cor Khalom(if you join the Sect Camp) where you have to wipe out a few thugs near the New Camp.. every now and then the quest fails for some reason, or is impossible to complete.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 10:03 pm
LeftyNinefingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Actually I haven't changed chapters yet and never once used marvin, atleast not on this saved game. This is the game I started with the intent of seeing if the old man could be found, so I was very careful not to do anything wrong, especially use cheats. The only thing I can think that might have glitched things is any time I wanted to use cheats to check something out I would import my old saves folder from previous games where I had found everything, killed everything and been everywhere and done everything. Later I would re-import back my Non-Cheating save and continue being pius.
Also, it's been a while since I have played as a Mercenary, but the armor Lee gave me seems strange. There's basically nothing to it. I have the same black shirt I always wear, only it has a blue shoulder pad on the left shoulder and some light-weight armored pants. It looks like it's missing some graphics, but I can't remember for sure. My old saves which I have imported have the same looking armor, but it still seems strange to me.
Post Mon Dec 12, 2005 11:46 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

The first Mercenary armor is only a shoulder pad really. Later you get full body armor.

What old man?
Post Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:29 pm
LeftyNinefingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

don't bother wondering, there's nothing to tell. if you're still curious read the "chromanin found" thread.
Post Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:34 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

@LeftyNinefingers,

re quote:

"The only thing I can think that might have glitched things is any time I wanted to use cheats to check something out I would import my old saves folder from previous games where I had found everything, killed everything and been everywhere and done everything. Later I would re-import back my Non-Cheating save and continue being pius."

.....and there lies the answer.

Many errors that originate by running the marvin console commands incorrectly, especially issuing further command while still running certain other commands, can create unrealised trigger faults that may not be foreseen and are 'held' till at some point later in the game. At that point, if a save is made, it will un-knowingly keep the triggers and all irregularities in the save. Importing or further exporting with this save, even into a perfectly faultless gothic game, will without any doubt whatsover, bring the problem contained in the save back into the game again.

The various re-spawing data's is a typical example - overriding the re-spawning data of one save game over another will have diferent data causes a conflict with erratic multiples of the respawns.

Time stamping is also another issue, we cannot go back in time, yet in many instances, lower time stamp value saves are expected to work perfectly when imported over higher values - so importing under certain conditions can be a self inflicted wound.
Post Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:41 pm
LeftyNinefingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Furthermore, I have been accepted as a mercenary already in chapter 1, with master of both 1 and 2 hand weapons and 97 strength, at level 19, but Lee won't sell me either the medium armor or the heavy armor, tells me I'm no experienced enough. Do I have to wait for chapter 2 in order to get better armor?
Post Sat Dec 17, 2005 7:53 pm
Rat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yes
Post Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:43 am
LeftyNinefingers
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

It's nice someone finally bothered to answer my question, although I figured this one out a month ago.
Post Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:07 am