beckoning stone ?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
slow and steady
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

beckoning stone ?

If I need the beckoning stone to find and kill Al-Sexadus, then where is the beckoning stone? I tried the silver nugget and diamond on the door but couldn't get them to work. Maybe someplace in the cellar of the castle I didn't find?
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 5:07 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The Rapax High Priestess has the stone. She can also be found in the Rapax Rift. Use the teleporter by A-S's vault to return to the red carpet corridors. You probably already have a "sanctum key", but if not, you'll need it (it's also on the Rift). Anyway, there's two teleporters in the red carpet corridor. You just popped thru one; take the other. If you're out on a cliff getting eyeballed by 2 priestesses, you did it right. The key will get you thru the door behind the priestesses, and the High Priestess's room is up the stairs (careful of the "dragon heads" trap!).

It's actually easier to do than to describe, so give it a spin, and let me know if you have trouble.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:23 pm
otter
One of Us

And if you're still green with the Templars, don't kill anyone she summons--just run away after she's dead and they'll break off the chase if you go either through the porter or up the lane to the Courtyard. Then they'll be green again (if they haven't wandered off) by the time you get back here.
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 5:38 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

otter, if you're a Templar, will the High Priestess let you clean her out without going hostile?
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Jan 01, 2003 2:50 pm
otter
One of Us

yah, if you run from all those fights in the red carpet house on your dash for the 'porter, they'll be green when you come back. I usually only have to fight 4 times on my way to the Castle--it's really easy to avoid the bunch in the Courtyard--then there's that massive one in the throne room. But if you're a Templar first, the rest of the Rift is lots easier.
It's only sometimes hard to squeeze past the 2 initiates in front of the HP's house.
Post Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:50 am