View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Jhared
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

lester won't talk

'lo!

i've solved most of the quest of the three quest and now i already joined the old camp.

first quest is to find out what's happening in the sect camp. according to the walkthrough, lester is supposedly to help me solved this quest. however, lester is not in his usual place at the entrance to the sect camp. i left him in the temple grounds while i was feeling my way to the camp earlier in the game. lester is still there, in the temple grounds, and he won't talk to me, like i can't use him. no dialogue window or option. he just stands there not even looking at me or fighting me when i draw my weapon. he just stands there like a robot.

i'd load a saved game near to when i left lester there if i could but i don't have that saved game anymore. and what's more is that i've done a lot of things and leveled beyond that point. pls someone tell me what to do. can i use the console or marvin mode to solved this problem?

thanks.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 2:33 am
Korzen
Forsaken
Forsaken

You could try inserting Lester with marvin mode. You have to open the console and type "insertCode ( you just have to press "i") PC_Psionic"
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:44 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i am affraid u didnt talk with some other ppl u cant go directly to him and to ask help someone will direct u to him and after that he will help
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:07 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: lester won't talk

quote:
Originally posted by Jhared

i'd load a saved game near to when i left lester there if i could but i don't have that saved game anymore. and what's more is that i've done a lot of things and leveled beyond that point.

This is a the typical case were somebody either has enough savegames or enough time. Seems like you´ve made your choice.

quote:
pls someone tell me what to do. can i use the console or marvin mode to solved this problem? thanks.

You can take over his char and reset his script with F8. Or insert the Lester_bugfixbook, read it and give Lester a minute to return to his location.
Post Sun Aug 03, 2003 8:30 pm