Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Can't finish game. Fuck you Gothic.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I KNEW this would happen after seeing how utterly-ridiculously-stupid chapter 5 began.

3 gates. I can't get through. So I try what I was taught in chapter 3: Meatworm. Totally successful but now I must leave the crypt.

TELEPORT DOES NOT WORK. WTF is that?!

I am now stuck behind a gate and the game is over because I don't have another Meatworm spell.

Congrats on chapters 1-3 because they were great. Chapter 4 really started to suck and chapter 5 was the worst thing I've seen since tomb-raider III. The only thing is: TRIII made the assumption that the player was smart.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 9:48 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Okay. Stop playing Gothic.
Many people here could tell you how to cheat yourself a mealbug scroll, but as I see it you didn´t ask for help.

It would be interesting to know how you expected to get in _and_ out of there with only one mealbug spell left?
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 10:15 am
FetishFool
High Emperor
High Emperor

hahahhhaa!!!! How DID you expect to get out?

That's hilarious. Thanks for the laugh, eh.
Post Sat Dec 01, 2001 5:17 pm
Zorak
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

"The only thing is: TRIII made the assumption that the player was smart.
"
--> Ironic, you don't seem smart enough to realize that most of the time the only way of getting out is the exact same way you got in. I assume you saved right after going through the gate and must either restart the game from zero or load a save game way before getting there? I doubt you got very far in TR3, but then again I never played it.

Joy's recollection is no longer joy, while sorrow's
memory is sorrow still
~Lord Byron
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 5:18 am
wysiwyg
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

You might be able to "teleport" out with the Marvin console. The command "goto waypoint xxxxx" will move you somewhere; where "xxxxx" is a location like "start". You can leave off the location and you'll go somewhere probably defined by chapter or something. The page http://www.worldofgothic.de/gothic/index.php?go=waypoint has location names listed.

Another thing that might work is pressing the F8 key repeatedly. You should fly through the ceiling. If you go too high into the air then use the F8 less to brake. Also, the K key might work to move you somewhere as well. Save your game into a new slot right after you get out, in case something gets messed up somehow, and then quit and restart so you don't have marvin mode active.

Good luck!

[ This Message was edited by: wysiwyg on 2001-12-02 10:28 ]
Post Sun Dec 02, 2001 4:10 pm
WhiteWolf666
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Which gate was this? I don't remember having to use any series of mealbug spells, just the one mealbug spell at the focus stone quest (the monestary, was it?)
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 1:19 am

Shame i guess he never bothered to see the colours of the switches to turn, or if later to shoot the switch on the wall (which brings up spikes so shoot out of room) then go back in and shoot the other switch opposite to open the gates....

But hey hum

Still never found out how to get harak to get to his mashing duties, so i kinda punched him and he keeps running off DAMN...

DABhand (i couldnt be assed registering )
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 1:32 am

It's pretty shitty that this game (which could have been soooo good) is so bugged that you all have to cheat half the time to get past all the bugs, just shows how little the developers think of us if they give us this unfinished crap as a game. The worst part is the joke of a an ending (and the last chapters), which is made all the worse as the dev team seem satisfied with their crap now they have robbed all the poor fanboys as they are now ignoring this crippled game to make a sequal before they finished the original.
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 2:25 am

r0otZ
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

why do you knock the game soo bad? this was a great game despite a few bugs, more time and money im sure they could have worked out all the bugs. and besides, its not the game designers fault for setting the game to allow you to screw yourself over for being a moron. if you did something in real life which im sure you do all the time, you get screwed over just like you did in the game, start over do whatever you want, just dont knock a great game cause you screwed up. next time try saving in multiple slots every couple of minutes, oh and the game does prevent you from screwing up really bad, the important people are invincible, if they werent i would have killed gomez and everyone in chapter 1 and ruined the whole damn story.
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 5:54 am
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

I didn’t have to cheat in the Temple. I used the Orc spell to get in and I teleported to Xardis to get out.

Sylvio
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 2:45 pm
Xandrius
Village Leader
Village Leader

Lol idiot!

CU
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 2:50 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Ok, I probably go in the same line as Gorath... Stop playing.

At first:
- Going in as a meatbug is NOT the correct option.
- There are lots of ways to cheat yourself to get out of the castle.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 3:55 pm
Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Is this guy talking about the gates WITHIN the Temple…LOL. I thought he was talking about the main gate in and out of the Temple…LOL

Sylvio
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 4:23 pm

I hope the devs lose their jobs for this game, its just theivery. Why they did't just mug me and save me some time I don't know. I want to see them sleeping in the street or in a soup kitchen for ripping everyone off and stringing the fanboys along.
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 5:02 pm

Just because you cant figure out a part of the game doesnt mean its crap!!!

I enjoyed the game very much, the freedom to do what u wanted etc, the large levels the storylines.. Because u used the spell to get in dont mean thats the right one..

I had 2 options either use telekenesis on the statue then open the switch or use the orc transport spell, then teleport back to Xardis, Swamp or Water camp...

One hint to others DO NOT take the Acrobatic lesson makes jumping from ledge to ledge a bit harder

DABhand (still havent signed up yet lol)
Post Sat Dec 15, 2001 5:44 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next