Standing Stones with Runes
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Hagatha
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Standing Stones with Runes

I was pretty sure that these were in the Wilderness area near the entrance to the Umpani Base, yet I cannot find them! The map I have shows them near the Rogue Base, but that is not correct - the Flamestyke map identifies them as "trees", which they are most manifestly NOT. Can anyone tell me where they are located? I've been wandering around this area for ages, without any success in finding them, although I have come across them every other time I've been through here. Am I not remembering correctly? Are they even in this area? This is making me a bit nuts!

... (later) I found three trees with runes, but they aren't in a circle, and nothing happens with the rock (yes, I looked, and I know I'm supposed to put a short staff in the rock). How many trees have runes? I have looked at about twenty of them, and only three have runes.
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:07 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The runes in the Northern Wilderness are, in fact, on the trunks of trees. There are 6 to find, and they're hard to find even when you know where they are.

The first trick is to notice that most of the trees in the area are made up of 2 flat panels that make an "X". A handful of trees are actual 3 dimensional solids. The runes are all located on "solid" trees like those.

Edit- you need to go all the way to the mini-island near the rope bridge to find the eastern-most rune tree. It's the scatter over such a wide area that makes finding all 6 even more difficult.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Jun 07, 2005 4:36 am