5th Akbaa stone
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
charkosh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

5th Akbaa stone

Greetings, just bought arx fatalis and am loving it. I'm almost done (I think) but there is one problem. I lost the 5th akbaa stone. I've searched EVERYWHERE in the world, and I cannot find it, which leads me to the conclusion that a) I sold it to the 2 vendors on the 5th level, HOWEVER, I can't get it back from them. why you ask? because they've been killed by the damn goblins.
So if anyone has any ideas they would be much appreciated. I don't mind editing saves/hex/etc. but I need to now how. I sure as hell am not going to start over, so I hope this can be resolved another way.
Thanks much
-Agimemnon
Post Tue Jul 29, 2003 7:35 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Are you sure you got it in the first place? One of the priests at/in front of the Ylside bunker had the fifth meteor.
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:25 am
charkosh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yes, I did get all of them

yes, I did get all of them, including the one in the chest in Iserbius's room
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:22 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Lost Stone

The goblins that killed the traders are on the same level now and have all their stuff. Find and kill them and you should find your stone. I hope it moved for you as it was not suppose to be sold, so you may hit a glich here due to that. But all the traders stuff is with the remaining goblins that killed and raided them. If you can't find them, let me know. Hope this helps.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Jul 31, 2003 7:32 pm
charkosh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure I killed and looted all the gobbies on that level, but I'll double check. I'm going to post this on the arx2 board as well, but there needs to be a place where you can pick up plot dependent items, Neverwinter nights style. Save people like me from alot of frustration
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:03 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Lost Stone

There is a bug that has hit several people and they cannot get the last stone. They sent a message to Arkane and got a download file sent by email to insert the stone into their inventory. They need to put that file on the list of download support files and then anyone who needs it can get it. Hope you find those goblins.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 7:08 pm
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
Are you sure you got it in the first place? One of the priests at/in front of the Ylside bunker had the fifth meteor.

Isn't that the fourth? You get the fifth further inside the bunker in the bedroom to the south east (right). Put a candle in skill on mantle while looking at bed. Watch secret compartment open. Get key for chest in same room. Get stone.

If you sold one, the merchant should still have it for sale back. I've never seen any of the stuff I've sold them leave their inventory.
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 10:51 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Stones

Yes it is the fourth one, I was just talking in general about how much easier it would be for those who get the bug to cure it if the file was one of the support file you could just get to yourself. The bug would have to be described in detail so people realize when they have it of course. Charkosh sold his to the trader twins and went back to find it after they were killed. The goblins have it for him unless it did not move with the rest of the inventory. I am interested to see if charkosh finds it there. Hope you answer.
Mark Twain
Post Fri Aug 01, 2003 11:06 pm
charkosh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Thanks for help but....

I give up. I killed all the goblins on that level and didn't find it. so either it's lost somewhere in the depths of arx, or is gone, either way. I'mma call lit quits. THe game was awesome, but I rarely start a game over unless I beat it a first time. All I have left is to kill Akbaa and open the door to the outside world anyway. Can't wait for arx 2. Besides there are tons of games coming out that'll take up my time anyway
Anyway, Thanks again
-Charkosh
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:48 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

One Suggestion

Did you find the goblins near the air vent system with two chests. I think it was near room 34 but I'm not sure. That cave system was hard for me to keep straight. There is a little side tunnel that is easy to miss, and they are hiding there on level 5. If you can't find them, send a message using the first thread of this forum and ask for help. If you don't kill Akbba you miss a good scene. But the idea is to have fun. If you stop now maybe you can start over soom time and beat it. I suggest you download the PDF file in the support section if you want to get a good walkthrough. I didn't use the walkthrough so much as the maps, and then I would use it to double check my actions every now and then. If you find a first person game as good as this let me know, I'm looking for something to kill the time until ArxII is ready.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Aug 02, 2003 5:53 am
charkosh
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

game

have you tried gothic? deus ex? those are fun
Post Wed Aug 06, 2003 10:38 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Stone cont.

Were off topic a little but yes I have gothic. Waiting for GII and ArxII now. Played through Gothic twice. I liked Arx better because it was shorter. But Gothic was great as well. Did you find the chests? There is a small tunnel near where the Twins were that leads to a camp site looking area near the vent system. I just played again and found it. The Twins stuff stolen by the goblins that killed them will be there. I'm curious to know if your stone moved with the stuff.
Mark Twain
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 2:21 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

Re: game

quote:
Originally posted by charkosh
have you tried gothic? deus ex? those are fun

I wanted to play Deus Ex but didn't get it because I heard there were problems with saving a game - either you couldn't or you were limited as to when and where. Since I hate that type of setup, I buy it - unless perhaps if it's in the $9 bargain bin. Maybe I'll get it now.

Gothic was great. I'll buy Gothic II at premium price when it first comes out just because I had such fun with the first.
Post Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:53 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You can save Deus Ex whenever and wherever you want. At least I could. So you shouldn't worry.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 5:11 am
SilkenKidden
Tempered Warlord
Tempered Warlord

quote:
Originally posted by Jaz
You can save Deus Ex whenever and wherever you want. At least I could. So you shouldn't worry.

Thanks. I'll go bargain hunting.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2003 11:05 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next