attributes
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Dungeon Siege

Author Thread
matnog
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

attributes

what is the basis on how to increase your character's attributes like your intelligenece, strength, and dexterirty? some weapons that i got needs to have higher strenght level and i need it to really level up.
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:32 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Melee raises strength the most, then dexterety, then intelligence the least

Ranged raises dex the most, then str, then int

Casting raises int the most, then dex, then str. I believe.

The higher you are in one compared to all of the others determines the speed in which you will raise those attributes. For instance if you have 50 combat magic and 0 melee, you will find it very hard to raise your strength, even if you use melee skills and go up a few levels.

Good luck!

-v
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:42 am
SuperCowMan24
Blademaster of the Moo
Blademaster of the Moo

hmmm

there was a post somewhere... that led to a post that explains it all... how do i insert a link to a post?
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 12:55 am
vaticide
Put food in here
Put food in here

Just copy the location shown in the address bar when you are there, and then paste it in here. Make sure html is not disabled if you are going to link it.

-v
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 2:05 am
ChinaCat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Greetings:

I just found this board. Nice site here at rpgdot.com btw.

Depending on which skill is the highest, the stats are distributed according to the formula of: 64%/27%/9%

So for example; if you are highest in melee, when you go up a Huber level (not a skill level), you gain 1 stat point and it would be distributed 64% Str, 27% Dex, and 9% Intelligence. Ranger skills order is Dex/Str/Intell, and Magery is Intelligence/Dex/Str, I think, but you get the idea.

Here's the rub tho. Say you have a level 20 melee, and decide to bring up your magery. Because your highest level skill is Melee, you can bring up Magery 20 levels, but you will not gain the same intelligence, and distribution of stats, as you would of, if you had Magery as your main skill. You see, the system rewards specializing.

The reason multiclassed characters are often not very effective in higher levels, say above 50, is because your stats in any area aren't sufficient to wear / use the gear you need to at that level, or in the case of magery, have the mana needed. Not saying there aren't ways to multiclass that can work out ok, just that in general specializing is far superior.

Say you raise Melee, Range and a Magery equally the whole way up to 150 skill. Your stats will be divided equally and you will not be able to wear the armor or wield the weapon of a lvl 150 melee, or the bow of a 150 ranger, or cast the spells, much less with the dmg of a 150 mage.

Anyway, "Shakti", the math wizard who was responsible for helping to crack the taper rotations for spells in Asherons Call, among other things, has developed an awesome spreadsheet which you can use as a tool to help figure this stuff out. The link to it is...

http://home.austin.rr.com/shakti/ds-statcalc.zip

Good luck,

ChinaCat
http://www.terrapinonline.com
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:53 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Hi ChinaCat,

thanks for very informative post. And welcome here .

[b]SuperCowMan24[/b]
If you need to insert short link, copy-paste works. If you need to insert long link with several php symbols, it doesnt work (because it makes link only from part of what you copy-pasted.
Just look into FAQs for more info how to insert links.
Well, I will describe it here.
You need to have not checked Disable BBCode in this post belove your post. I will know check it to make visible what I will write and not what it will do .

First possibility
with right sintaxe
[url]http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=reply&t=5140[/url]
or second possibility
[url=http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=reply&t=5140]click here[/url]

Last edited by Danicek on Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:08 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

And now results with BBCode on:

First possibility
http://www.rpgdot.com/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=reply&t=5140
or second possibility
click here
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:08 am