Two things I haven't found out yet...
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Two things I haven't found out yet...

One is the thieving skill - I have it at master level, but bloody hell, how/where do/can I use it? In G2, the thieving option comes up in dialogue box after you learn the skill, in G1 there is no such option. So, how to steal? Which key does it by default, if there is any such?

Two, it's one column in monastery ruins, high above. When you get near it, it highlights up, as if it's useable or something, but the char wont do anything with it. It LOOKS as if it COULD be pushed over that "chasm" separating the 2 platforms, but if it is so, how the heck can it be done? No melee or ranged attack works on it, can't push it at all, Telekinesis wont target it.. So, how?
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 12:39 pm
EDV
High Emperor
High Emperor

to use pickpocket you first have to sneak. Aproach someone from behind while sneaking get close and do the same thing like if you want to speak to them, it will open their inventory and you can steal the items and weapons.

You can't use the column, if you got acrobatics you can jump across the gab.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:30 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

You have to find someone who's alone, sneak up behind him, and ctrl-up him, and you will have access to his inventory. This skill is implemented much better in Gothic 2.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 1:30 pm
Whailor
Most Exalted Highlord
Most Exalted Highlord

Ah, I see.. Pretty worthless skill then, considering that in most of the areas in the game, sneaking will make others angry and attack eventually. Bleh. And yeah, it's better implemented in G2.

As for the gap, then yes, I have acrobatics and that's how I always got over, simply the pillar looks AS IF it could be pushed over or some such, to create the "bridge", but alas, can't affect it in any way. Either there's some special situation for it, or it's unfinished thing in the game.

Anyways, thanks for data.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 3:29 pm
Killerofevils II
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well pickpocketing is a bit messed up in Gothic 1 and yes there is a way to knock the column over but if I told you that would ruin the whole point wouldn't it? the only clue I'll give to you about that is think about what the monks in the monstery would practice all day and apply it to the column.
Death in the air, strapped in the electric chair, this can't be happening to me, who made you god to say, I'll take your life from you, flash before my eyes, now its time to die, burning in my brain, I can feel the flame.
-Ride the Lightning by Metallica
I'm a rocker! Rock on!
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:03 pm
Joeman
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Thieving is definitely useless because you can beat up anyone and get their stuff.

Sneaking can be interesting. It allows you to sneak behind someone and shoot arrows at him. I helps me wiping out entire swamp camp and new camp easily that way, otherwise everyone in the camp will come after you, and you don't want to deal with invincible characters in those camps.
Post Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:33 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

The column will fall in the wrong direction, anyway.
Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:39 pm
Rydjord
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

It looks like im the only one hwo liked the g1 pickpoketing, it was more exiting and took skill and timing not just dexterety.
Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:38 pm
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

You probably are. I found that no matter how much dexterity I had, the person I was trying to pickpocket always noticed!

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:57 pm