View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - Spoilers

Author Thread
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Enchanting tips for mages!

(This has been rewritten)

If you have enough gold, you should hire an enchanter to enchant your stuff because it is sure of success. The Enchant attribute has great effect on the cast cost of your enchanted weapons. The lower the cast cost, the longer the enchant effect lasts. At 100% Enchant, I enchanted my wakizashi with frost 25-40pts with a cast cost of 1/400. With this weapon, I cleansed out turenyal and Dagoth Ur ruins (not facing dagoth ur) w/o recharging.

Luck only affect the rate of success if you enchant by do it yourself. See my next post for some info relating to self enchanting.

Last edited by kingsorel on Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:06 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Multiple enchanting tips

A. WHAT TO ENCHANT:

The 5 main magic effects to enchant are: fire, frost, shock,poison and health damages which all belong to Destruction school. 4 main helping effects which may work in some special cases are paralysis, drain magicka, disintegrate armour and disintegrate weapon. Another main spell deserving special interest is "Absorb Health" which beongs to Myticism school.

Frost and shock have quick action, poison acts slowly, fire and health have intermediate action. Shock has a weakness in that it requires a lot more pts to get the same effect. Health damage has proved quite effective against magic resistent opponents." Absorb Health " drains health and transfers it to the caster with and it is resistent to reflect as an added bonus (not mentioned in the instruction book).

A combination between paralysis and the slow acting poison would be suitable. However, against an opponent with magicka resistant this combination has proved ineffective.

It is tough to choose between "absorb health" and "damage health". My inclination has been towards the latter, since in Morrowind, magic resistent creatures are everywhere. I even like the combination of both spells.

A "calm creature" combines with either (absorb health) or ( damage health) will produce a favorable effect.

A combination between frost and health damages is so far my favorite since it works in most cases.

For special cases, we would think about (fire + disintegrate armour) or
(health damge + disintegrate armour + disintegrate weapon) ...

B. HOW TO ENCHANT:

At Enchant 100% and Luck 100%, we can easily self enchant our weapon up to 35 enchanting points, whatever the combination is. It means that with the ebony staff which has enchanting score of 90, we can only enchanti up to 35 and be successful. If we want to go over that limit, we have to find a means to increase Luck. I leave it to you to find out more.

As an example, I made a combination of frost + health damges on an ebony staff:

enchant cost: 35/90
frost damage: 20-42 points.
health damage: 25-75 points.
cast cost: 3/400

Last edited by kingsorel on Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:56 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hi Kingsorel
Your enchanting tips helped me better understand about the subject since initially, I was really confused about enchanting. Thanks again

At the moment I am a level 13 battlemage.
I manage to trap 1 soul, a winged twilight , while I was on the Boots of Apostle quest. The soul has a point of 300..pretty good for me I think LOL but not enough to make a constant effect
I havent come across any golden saint yet.....and I didnt want to use my GS scrolls.

The 3 most powerful weapons I have at this moment is the Umbra, Deadric Warhammer and the Orc Battleaxe ( I major in heavy stuff )
My grand soul gem of Wing twilight have an enchant point of 0 /75

My enchant skill is below 10, yucky, and my luck is 40 so I guess I;ll have to pay Grebedir to do it for me since she likes me - disposition 100.

I was thinking of putting in Restore health and fire damage.
But your suggestion of putting frost damge and health damage sounds great !
So I can't really decide. Also I cant decide to enchant which weapon....becoz its gonna cost me more than 15000 grant I think For that kind of money
I better make sure I get it right

I am a nord battleamge - woad and frost damege and 100% frost resist.
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:45 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: enchanting tips

quote:

I manage to trap 1 soul, a winged twilight , while I was on the Boots of Apostle quest. The soul has a point of 300..pretty good for me I think LOL but not enough to make a constant effect
I havent come across any golden saint yet.....and I didnt want to use my GS scrolls

For weapons, we use "cast when strikes". We don't use "constant effect" . Go ahead and use the GS scrolls. But save the game first.

quote:

The 3 most powerful weapons I have at this moment is the Umbra, Deadric Warhammer and the Orc Battleaxe ( I major in heavy stuff )
My grand soul gem of Wing twilight have an enchant point of 0 /75

The warhammer and the battleaxe have encht capacity less than 10. So what is number 75? Is it the enchant capacity of Umbra?

quote:

I was thinking of putting in Restore health and fire damage

For weapons, "cast when strikes" is most suitable. But you were probably thinking about "cast when used". It means that you will have to cast it before you can draw your weapon and the effects only last for the duration of the spells.
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:31 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Thanks for the tip, Kingsorel

The 0/75 point is what I got when I tested on the Deadric warhammer.
I tested the enchant thingy with a mage in Balmora.
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:30 pm
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

re: great hammer!

Well, that some warhammer you got there!
Post Thu Mar 17, 2005 9:07 pm
genghiskhan66
City Guard
City Guard

Hi Kingsorel

oops...my mistake..I went back to try the enchant thingy and you are right.....weapons do have low enchant points...the 0/75 must be one of my exquisite ring or exquisite stuff that I got. Got all confused

At the moment....my new character orc, Gulakkan, is at level 18...a stong powerful guy who captured souls of Ascended sleepers, Dagoths, wing twilights, golden saints and Dremora lords...so he got plenty of soul gems to play around with.

Thanks for all the tips
Post Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:34 am
kingsorel
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Ring of Transfiguring Wisdom!

1. At Luck 100 and enchant 100, and without the above ring, the enchanted ebony staff has stats;

enchantment 90/90
Absorb Health 75 pts
damage Health 75 pts
cast cost/charge ratio 8/400

2. With the ring of Transfiguring Wisdom ( fortify enchant 7 pts for 30 secs ), the enchanted ebony staff has stats:

enchantment 90/90
absorb Health 75 pts
damage Health 75 pts
cast cost/charge ratio 2/400

It means that in the second case, the charge will last 4 times longer than in the first.

3. Now, if you add another ring, the Sanguine ring of transfiguring wisdom ( 5pts enchant, constant effect ), then the ratio cast cost/charge is reduced even further to a mere 1/400 !

The second ring can be found in Ald Sotha but the first ring I don't remember exactly from where escept that it is from a barel in a cavern.

More fortify enchant items:

- the Standarren belt ( enchant +5 pts for 30 secs ), found on a bandit in the cavern Yasamsi near Hla Oad.

- Akatosh's ring ( fortify conjuration, mysticism, restoration and enchant each 10 pts for 60 secs ). The ring was obtained in a quest with the imperial cult.
Post Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:08 pm