Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
buggy script failure
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

I decided to play the game as old camp guard, simply because it was obvious the picking of the camp was the only 'dynamic' part of the game and the rest was linear. When I chose to do the old camp I beat up and killed Lares (because after I mugged him he never stopped attacking me). When it was time to speak to Lee, after I did the 5 focus stones quest, I couldn't see him, and apparently all the NPCs still thought he was in the same spot. That sucked nicely so I just went back to a LONG back saved game and played mage old camp. I hate games that are so heavily scripted that they break.

Gothic is still a great game, though its elementary in terms of difficulty and puzzles, hopefully some big company makes a game like this with all thats missing, and perhaps some marketing also.

Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 9:46 am

Digital Pimp
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

WRONG!
I had the same problem people think he's in his cave. If you had taken 5 minutes to look around you would of seen he's on the dam overlooking the rice patties. That isn't bad scripting cause he's supposed to be there, I can't blame them it would be impossible for the game to know where everybody is at all times then have voice acting for it.
Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:17 am

And which part of this isn't buggy? Regardless how much of a fanboi you are, its still a bug, and knowing where a NPC is at anytime is trivial, since the NPC is put there by the programmers, its not magic. I did look around for him, but since they spoke about passing over the hills, I went to the free mine instead, besides I have more fun with my mage now, I wonder if the fact that I killed Raven early would have an effect.

Post Tue Dec 04, 2001 4:00 pm