Stuck on ever-lovin $%$@@# Ladders - spoilers
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
lowkster
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
That big ladder that leads down into the shaft with the large piece of mithril, I get stuck on EVERYTIME I even TOUCH it. I saved at the top of the shaft because if I try to climb down it, I stick to it unable to move, and once I jump down from the ledge and get the mithril zapped I am unable to climb back up. I have tried everything possible, jumping moving, casting useless spells, yelling, cussing, and nothing works. I can't even get off the ground.

I had the same problem. What I did was jump on the ladder and face the rock wall. I then help down the forward button. After about four minutes I was able to walk INTO the wall. It takes a while and you move about a milimeter a second, but I did make it into the wall. It is all black, but you can see the other passages if you look around. I was able to move around and jump and duck my way into another passage.

You may still have problems though because the next step requires you to climb the ladder in the smelter room (where you burnt the dog). I couldnt climb that one either, but I was able to jump and click the lever from below.
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:43 am
julien roby@arkane studio
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

For the rare people having this ladder problem: feel free to send me your savegame to jroby@arkane-studios.com in front of the ladder you're stuck and we'll see what can be done.

-Julien
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 1:58 am
Incendiary Lemon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've been quite impressed about how attentive you are to your fans.

thank you
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:06 am
SuMMoNeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Damn this sucks, plz can anyone fix my saved game and upload it somewhere, just after you climb up the ladder, plz I spent hours playing this game Check my previous post for the download link...

Thanx
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:45 am
SuMMoNeR
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

YES!!! Finally I got out of there... I gave it another try and started hitting my keyboard like mad(especially the JUMP-key) and finally I got of that crazy ladder That means I can complete the rest of the game(just hope I don't encounter anymore ladders ) BTW tnx to julien roby for trying to help people out, that's the way game developers should be!!!!

Greetz,

(I'm now gonna try to complete the game )
Post Sat Nov 16, 2002 5:04 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2