Let's support Bethesda for some good reasons
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - Spoilers

Author Thread
teras
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Let's support Bethesda for some good reasons

I know the game is probably not what we all expected.I have some complaints of my own but I will post them in another thread.I feel the need to express these things.

A) Congratulations to Beth for an amazing game (far from perfect but still amazing).You can tell that they have really put much effort to it no matter its flaws.

B) My respect goes to them because of a simple but very important fact:
They didn't use any stupid copy protection systems like starforce,securom and others that could potentially lead to problems launching the game.They also allow the user to make a copy of the software for archival/backup purposes.Really does anyone remember the last time a game manufacturer allowed us this right? I remember at least 3 cases where games that I bought couldn't launch showing error messages like "CD/DVD emulation software detected,please disable and run again", without me having this kind of software or drivers installed.All that because of copy protection.

It is important to support these efforts.Every game manufacturer should realise that using copy protection crap will eventually only lead to legitimate users problems,because we all know that the crackers will sooner or later break it.So why should we take the fall?Besides it is our right to be able to backup the software we buy.A cd/dvd is only the medium, not the product itself so why can't we have a backup for personal use?

Again welll done.
Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:28 am
Korplem
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Yes, far from perfect but after 100 hours of play I still dont feel the need to complain. I'm having fun.

-The Prince of Nothing
Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:04 am
Phil5000
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I'm enjoying it very much too. I play it for hours and hours. I basically only stop when I must.

I had a bit of trouble getting into it, but once I'd bought a new graphics card and found the mods that fixed most of the issues I had with it I really got into it. It's not perfect sure, but it's awesome, huge, and well worth the money.

I hope the it does really well for the Bethsoft, and I hope other devs take notice that a single player RPG can still attract a lot of interest. Hopefully we'll see more single player games in the future and less MMORPGs. That's what I'd like to see anyway.
Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:17 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

I agree. The thrill I got when I completed all the mage guild quests and stood there in my new rooms as Arch-mage is why I enjoy these games!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:47 pm
xSamhainx
Paws of Doom
Paws of Doom

I'm just thankful for the series, the lore, the gameworld theyve given me to explore and be part of, I truly feel that I have lived an "alternate life" at times. I'll be playing the Elder Scrolls games when I'm old and senile and cant remember anything else. Long live Bethesda
“Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.”-Mark Twain
Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:12 am
Dark Phoenix
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I agree. I've been a fan since Daggerfall. I loved to join the knights in that game, and the ability to climb over walls was really cool.
I just finished the game yesterday, an feel a little sad. I'll keep playing, coz it's an amazing game, but I finished the story. A little of the mystery is gone. Oh well, i'm sure expansions are already under development...
Post Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:42 am