My Very Last Rapax Questions
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
Zombra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

My Very Last Rapax Questions

I promise. Then again, I also swore fealty to Al-Sedexus, so I guess you know what my solemn word is worth.

I got pretty sick of the Rapax Castle and all its myriad and senseless twists and turns. (I did 'wind up' that statue problem though ... groan ...) I finished my business there and left. Gone through the whole Rodan & Drazic thing. Ahem ... 'resolved' the Al-Sedexus situation.

Three points still nag at me.

In my journal, an unfinished quest is to 'Free the Rapax Queen' or words to that effect. I unlocked her cage and talked with her for a while, then left, leaving the cage door swinging wide open. The quest is still highlighted in my journal. How can I resolve this?

What ever became of the Rapax Prince? I have not seen him since I was still a Templar in the Away Camp, where he chewed me out and vanished. I have not so much as set foot anywhere in the Ascension Peak region, so maybe he will show up there. If he went back to the Rapax Castle, let me know so I can return there to settle his hash.

What is the deal with the Rapax deposit slips? I have like six of 'em. Since the Rapax have all the best equipment in the world, it seems like it might be worth my while to try to redeem them. Of course, except for the weaponsmiths, the Rapax all seem to kinda hate me again, so maybe I can't finish this off, but I'd like to know for sure before I throw the slips down a well.

Actually, there's one more thing. Remember how Al-Sedexus said I had a great destiny to fulfill in her name or whatever? Some great Rapax mission I needed to perform? Well, I went in and became a Templar. Then I ran around for a long time and eventually found the King, who wanted me to interrogate a couple of his prisoners. After that, there were a few misunderstandings, one thing led to another, ... *cough* ... Anyway, was there some other big Templar quest I missed? Or was my great Rapaxian destiny to go down to the prison and torture a couple of helpless prisoners? Seems kinda anti-climactic.

Thanks in advance for your enlightening insights
Zombra
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 6:33 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

1) The "Free the Queen" quest is bugged. She won't leave her cell, so the quest won't complete. We've had extensive discussions here about whether she deserves to die a bloody death for being so stupid.

2) You'll meet the Prince again, but not at the castle. That's all you get for now!

3) The deposit slips work with the Rapax Treasure room. Near the King's room is an area that has a slot in the right wall, a picture ahead, and a one-way wall/door to the left. Use the deposit slips with the slot and you can make some decent withdrawals from the treasure room.

4) Did you listen to Al-Sedexus when you offered up a party member? Is one of your party still hexed? I don't want to spoil it for you, so give a little more detail about what you've done with her so I can know where you're at. That side-story isn't terribly exciting, but it's fun enough to see it unfold.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:31 pm
Zombra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Thanks.

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
1) The "Free the Queen" quest is bugged. She won't leave her cell, so the quest won't complete. We've had extensive discussions here about whether she deserves to die a bloody death for being so stupid.

I say no. I like the queen.

quote:
2) You'll meet the Prince again, but not at the castle. That's all you get for now!

I suspected as much, but I thought I'd ask now, since I loudly declaimed that these would be my very last Rapax questions.

quote:
3) The deposit slips work with the Rapax Treasure room. Near the King's room is an area that has a slot in the right wall, a picture ahead, and a one-way wall/door to the left. Use the deposit slips with the slot and you can make some decent withdrawals from the treasure room.

Excellent. I'll scamper back there. Thanks.

quote:
4) Did you listen to Al-Sedexus when you offered up a party member? Is one of your party still hexed? I don't want to spoil it for you, so give a little more detail about what you've done with her so I can know where you're at. That side-story isn't terribly exciting, but it's fun enough to see it unfold.

I didn't want to be terribly explicit for the benefit of any idle passers-by who might not want to be dreadfully spoiled. So, spoiler alert. I *thought* I listened to her, but maybe I didn't listen carefully enough. Anyway, after the ... consummation ... of my Templarity, I ran around the Castle for what seemed like uncounted centuries. Then I warped out briefly to Arnika to pick up a custom weapon or something that the smith there had finally completed. While in Arnika, my sacrifice began to feel the effects of the hex/enrapturing. One interesting thing: I read here somewhere about the hex being permanent (until resolved), but the hex itself wore off pretty quickly, leaving him just enraptured or whatever it is. Anyhow, then I warped back to the Castle, ran around for a while, warped out to the wilderness, went to the Away Camp, got disenfranchised by the Rapax on the whole, returned to the Rift, talked to Al-Sedexus again, and got attacked. The enrapturation of course wore off after Al-Sedexus lay dead at our feet. She didn't even leave any cool treasure behind. So, it sounds like there was a plotline I missed. What was I 'supposed' to do? In fact, I wouldn't mind having the side plot outlined in fair detail since I'm unlikely to revert to an old save and give it another spin.

Whoops, gotta get to work.

Thanks
Zombra
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 8:15 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

As for A-S, it seems you did a pretty complete job with that story. I heard that, under certain circumstances, your "sacrifice" becomes a daddy. I must have missed something, because my experiences have been identical to yours. No demon parenting for me...

Oh, the hex part of the enrapture is permanent (at least as permanent as the enrapture), but only affects the character when you're out of A-S's domain. As long as you're in an area that has "Rapax" in the name, you're fine; wander/portal elsewhere, and back comes the hex for as long as you're enraptured.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2002 9:13 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
As for A-S, it seems you did a pretty complete job with that story. I heard that, under certain circumstances, your "sacrifice" becomes a daddy. I must have missed something, because my experiences have been identical to yours. No demon parenting for me...
BIG SPOILER ALERT
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
When you go to Ascension Peak and you fight the Prince, there is another boss monster there: Al-<sacrificed character's name>. I don't think it's possible to avoid the encounter, and I can only think of one possibility now. You're in a narrow canyon which widens into a clearing. If you approach from the left side, maybe you get a dialog from the prince instead. I was kind of hugging the right wall at that point, and Al-Strider (my sacrificed ranger's off-spring) spoke to me. I'll test it when I reach that point again.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 1:10 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Hmmm. Don't remember this from either of my victories. Both times, the Prince spoke to me. I must have overlooked my "offspring" amongst all the Rapax. I'm a long ways from finishing with my current crew, but I'll be sure to pay better attention this time.
Post Thu Oct 17, 2002 3:05 am
Zombra
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

The offspring sure as heck was there for me. Seems like she'd be kinda hard to miss. I don't remember any dialogue with her or the Prince. Probably some throwaway "Now you die!" type of stuff.
Post Fri Oct 18, 2002 6:55 pm