Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
I'm Just A Firestarter. (Spoiler Questions)
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
Chambon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I'm Just A Firestarter. (Spoiler Questions)

I need some advice and any advice will be appreciated. I know I am not ready to go look for or fight the head priest of the secret cult. The only magic I can do is to light a fire. I have some scrolls but I am having a hard time using them. How do you activate the portals to travel?.
Thanks.
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 2:21 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You will be taught to open them by one of the snake ladies in the castle at certain point in the game and you just have to wait.. Are you putting your runes into your spell book as you find them? You have to do that after you get them into your inventory. Go kill a few goblins and rats and even a dog, pig ect in the city to help you level up to be able to use more majic.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:08 am
Chambon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
You will be taught to open them by one of the snake ladies in the castle at certain point in the game and you just have to wait.. Are you putting your runes into your spell book as you find them? You have to do that after you get them into your inventory. Go kill a few goblins and rats and even a dog, pig ect in the city to help you level up to be able to use more majic.

I have the runes in my spell book. The two for fire. I took some from the magician but they won't go into my spellbook.
The snake woman already told me but she said I had to say a certain word. Not sure how to do that. Tks for your response.

EDIT: I finally got the spells in my spell book. I was doing it the wrong way.
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:08 pm
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

Whoa... had a bit of an identity crisis when I saw your avatar there... good choice!

Long time since I played, so my memory's a bit patchy... but the runes for activating the teleporters might be mentioned in your journal... they may have been mega spacium, but I'm not sure.

cm, kill pigs and dogs? I'm shocked!
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:33 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

You are right piln about the spell, and as for killing the animals, sometimes the good guy has to do what he has to do to get the job done.
Mark Twain
Post Sat Feb 07, 2004 11:56 pm
Chambon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by piln
Whoa... had a bit of an identity crisis when I saw your avatar there... good choice!

Long time since I played, so my memory's a bit patchy... but the runes for activating the teleporters might be mentioned in your journal... they may have been mega spacium, but I'm not sure.

cm, kill pigs and dogs? I'm shocked!

Thanks to both of you. I can pick another avatar if you want. It's no big deal.
Post Sun Feb 08, 2004 5:44 am
piln
High Emperor
High Emperor

quote:
Originally posted by Chambon
Thanks to both of you. I can pick another avatar if you want. It's no big deal.

Nah, you can never have enough Shodan.
Having said that, I'm going to change mine anyway at some point, but I think my weedy post count is too low for a custom one.

quote:
Originally posted by cmckj50
...as for killing the animals, sometimes the good guy has to do what he has to do to get the job done.

Well... if that cute little beagle contained just the right amount of xp to help good triumph over evil... then I guess it's OK...
Just kidding... I could barely stop myself from fireballing every chicken I saw - the sight of a live, healthy chicken turning into a crisp cooked one always made me chuckle.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:06 am
ziusudra
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I prefer clicking them till they explode.
Post Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:13 pm