Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
JemyM ALERT ALERT!!!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

Well then those four pillars HEHEHEHEHHEEEE..
I got it now and it is working just great> TO some it up I'm a jackass and frustration was clouding my thought> THX FOR SAVING ME FURHTER TORMENT..No to rid the world of the Orcish Hordes... THX ALOT MAN U RULE.
Post Mon Dec 10, 2001 8:30 pm

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

No problem. Just fun to hang out here to learn more about Gothic. =)

I have done ALOT of fun stuff after solving the game the first time. I have ideas for at least two more replays (and Im into my second now).

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 12:09 am
txiabxyooj
Fox Spirit
Fox Spirit

Jemym is a real gothic guru. he seems to have all the answers to all the questions. thanks for the help on the combo question.

"The origin of things, if things have an origin, cannot be revealed to me, if revealed at all, until I have travelled very far from it, and many revolutions of the sun must precede my first dawn. The light as it appears hides the candle." --Santayana
=member of the worshippers of the written word=
=member of the Non-flamers' guild=
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 4:41 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

I loved this game already when I played the Demo. I have never spent so much time with a Demo ever.

I was instantly sucked in by the 'lifelike' NPC society and the interactivity with everything. No static objects, everything can be touched or used...

I had a friend send me a box before the game hit the swedish shelves, and I spent one week at least 12h per day until I finished it.

What I hadnt expected by the demo is how large the Colony is.

Most 3d games is so obviously trying to 'lock you up within a level' to make you move through the 'events' in the exact order the programmers had in mind when they designed the game.
In gothic I can explore almost everything without joining any camps. No locked doors, no "You shalt not pass here" (except Thorus), full freedom to go wherever I wanted to go.
I moved through the world, with only my own limitations stopping me.
Only Fallout 2 have offered this freedom before Gothic.

After finishing the game once, I tried to go through everything I missed, such as the Chromanian Quest, rescuing the Blacksmith and grabbing the massive potions on the end level.

I have nearly beaten the game as a Mage, wich is alot funnier than Warrior in my opinion. After doing that I will try out if L2 bow & 135 dexterity is as effective as a sturdy 2h blade or magic flames.
Ill probably must join the sect camp once, but since I already know much about the 'later events' the sect feels kinda boring.

After finishing the game as a mage and a 'ranger' I dont think the game have much to offer me thou. The game offers lots of re-playability, but you might say that I have already re-played the game now
Now there are other games out there to focus my eyes on, even if they arent as good as Gothic.
Thoose that still havnt finished the game have the best to come, thoose that have finished the game have a couple of things to try, and thoose that have reached Ascension, well, have fun

The only thing that I havnt found out yet:

* How to push down the column at top of the Cloister Ruin (didnt seemed to work with the pickaxe)
* Who the hell is Quientin, and what does he do up there?
* Where's the rumoured eremite? He's supposed to sit in a cave somewhere near the Old Camp...
* Whats up with the buildings located in the bottom of the New Camp sea?

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Tue Dec 11, 2001 5:00 pm

There's an old guy called Gilbert located at a cave near the old camp. It's on the side of a mountain, you have to jump up about 6 levels to reach it. You get experience for finding him, but I have no idea if he has any other purpose. There is a chest in his cave but not with anything interesting inside.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 4:50 am

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Cool, thats the man I wanted to reach. =)

Is he at the south or the east of the "Nek cave" ?

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 11:29 am
Llama
High Emperor
High Emperor

He's almost directly right (east) of Nek's cave.
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 1:35 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Thanks, I cannot believe I have missed it =)

Thanks again...

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Wed Dec 12, 2001 2:52 pm

2 JemyM
Could you, please, told me exactly what the Chromanian Quest is about? How i can start it? And so on.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:41 pm

JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

There is a Tower called the "Fog Tower", located above a small beach with a shipwreck.

Its inhabitated by loads of undead fellas. If you defeat them all, and then rob the body of the dead skeleton mage he have a book named "Chromanin". If you read it you start a quest called the "Stranger". Within the book you find clues upon how to find the next book. There are 6 books in total, each time you read a book, a new book will appear somewhere else, and you must solve the clue given to you in each of the books to find the next one.

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:49 pm
thanakar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

On 2001-12-14 07:41, Anonymous wrote:
2 JemyM
Could you, please, told me exactly what the Chromanian Quest is about? How i can start it? And so on.

I'm not JemyM but I can tell you something about this quest. I 'm an explorer so I jumped into the sea next to the Swamp Camp Plaze near the temple and started swimming. I came across an old dilapidated dock leading to an cave system (later I found out that this is under the Fog Tower). Its near the Cloister Ruins. You'll encounter a lot of skeletons in these caves and eventually you come across a Skeleton Mage and it is here you'll find the first book. Each book appears in order and will not appear until you find the previous book. In each book is a riddle to the location of the next book. I was stumped on the final location because I went to the wrong starting location. You'll understand if you are able to do the quest. Someone with a good understanding of the entire colony should have no trouble with this quest (though I did find the 4th and 5th locations to be easier to locate than the first two). My only disappointment was with the final prize. It was anticlimatic in my view. If you want the exact details of the quest I'm sure you can search for it here and find out all about it. In you journal it will be listedas 'The Stranger' quest.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 1:57 pm
thanakar
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:

* Whats up with the buildings located in the bottom of the New Camp sea?

Best Regards
JemyM

To me, the buildings in the dam lake are just more of that lovely atmosphere this game has. There just to show you that the lake wasn't always there. Plus, that dam lurker had to sleep somewhere didn't it? Maybe those houses were the lair that Homer was speaking of when he gave you the quest to kill the dam lurker.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:05 pm
JemyM
Vault Dweller
Vault Dweller

Thanks fella =)

Best Regards
JemyM
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:14 pm

Thanks to all.
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 2:35 pm

Ragnar
High Emperor
High Emperor

Watch it swimming down there…died several times.

Sylvio
Post Fri Dec 14, 2001 4:09 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next