Heroism ring
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Arx Fatalis

Author Thread
richycream
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Heroism ring

I'm having no luck finding where do dig for the key to get the Heroism ring. I have done this, from the walkthrough,

"If you want the key, go to the
third floor and head to the spider cave (you should have cleared it). There is
a small little "side" path that allows you to overlook the spider cave (I call
it a balcony). You'll know you're there because you pass by a broken ladder.
Keep walking into you come to a very small circular dead-end. Look at the
ground; if you see a semi-large crack in it, you found the right spot (you
might need to adjust your brightness). Use your shovel on the ground you are
standing and look down. There should be a key by your feet."

I have found the dead end thats right past the ladder but i'm not sure what "semi-large crack" they are talking about. There are tons of little marks in the floor but no large cracks. So, I tried using the shovel in every inch of that area and I find nothing. And yes, I increased my brightness like it said.

Any tips on this?
Post Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:08 pm
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

This one is part of the Oliver Quest, and I think you have to do the first thing in the quest to get the key to show up. Don't take the shovel out of your inventory, just click it and you get a much wider spead effect for digging. A clump of dirt will appear. You should be looking down on the spider caves, with a skeleton on your right, a broken ladder over your head, and then move over more to the left to find the right spot. You may not have to trigger the quest first. This part I am not sure about. Hope you find it.
Mark Twain
Post Tue Mar 16, 2004 5:39 am
you
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Yea I had the same problem. I triggered the quest with the emerald and found the 'right' spot but can't find the key. I tried digging on the crack and all around Maybe wit the patch you have to do all the steps and not just the first ?? (this is the pc version)
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:35 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

Lets be sure we are in the right spot. As for trigger, once at least all I did was put in the emerald and then found the key and that was all.. I bypassed the rest. You have to go to level three, stand near the goblin prison entrance that the little guy controls. Go left into the entrance and keep to the small cave going up on the left. You should end up on a ledge that will let you go right or left, and to the right is a corpse. On the left is where the key is. Just use the shovel with it in your inventory. Just open inventory and keep hiting F key with mouse over the shovel, and you will get it. You do have to have the patch to do this one. The xbox is patched already. If this doesn't work, you can wait for someone else to pop in and maybe help, or email jroby@arkane-studios.com and ask for help. Just please let us know how you solve it so others can get help as well.
Mark Twain
Post Wed Mar 17, 2004 4:11 pm
you
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hum - i better check again - will be a day or so - i tried using the shovel like I use the pick - double click on it then click on the ground...

You said to use F - i'll try that tomorrow or on the weekend (didn't save the game at the spot and i wandered off a ways).
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:32 am
you
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok for me the problem was "using the item on the ground" via the double click as oppose to "using the item" via F. When I used the item the key showed up right away.
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:24 am
Cm
Sentinel of Light
Sentinel of Light

That is one of the tricks of the game. I don't really like it either. Hope they get that more consistent in A2 for us. One time you use it and another you use it the other way. Then other stuff you have to place it one stuff. Never know what to do so have to remember to do all three before giving up and yelling UNCLE!!!
Mark Twain
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 6:30 pm
richycream
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

quote:
Originally posted by you
Ok for me the problem was "using the item on the ground" via the double click as oppose to "using the item" via F. When I used the item the key showed up right away.

Cool. Going to try that now. I was using the item on the ground, not hitting F.
Post Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:03 pm