Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Looking for websites like gamespot.com that lists ALL PC....
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > CRPGs General

Author Thread
Arngrim
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by booyah_boy
1C, Nival Interactive, and Akella have all done great things there, to name a few...

Do you know if it's hard to get copies of the games, published by Akella?

I think you should add to your list:

Dark Tower Conspiracy (Заговор Темной башни)

and

Requital (Волкодав: месть Серого Пса)
http://www.primal-soft.com/ru/games/volkodav/

Looks like I found myself another action-RPG, THEY even say it: "Волкодав: месть Серого Пса" - это новая action-RPG

You'll just pick up those, the same time you'll pick up Age of Pirates: Capitain Blood.
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:43 am
booyah_boy
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

quote:
Well I did play the medieval version of Fallout, it's called ARCATERA
But thanks, I'll check out Fallout.

If I may intercede a comment, I would urge you to begin your play with Fallout 2. You will not be required to possess any prior knowledge of the initial title in order to understand the premise and plotline of Fallout 2, and many new to the genre find the limited amount of time to accomplish your goals enforced in the first game to be a definite malfactor...a factor that is not evident in Fallout 2.

quote:
WHAT??? You don't like playing a great RPG with Kate and Ashley Olson as main characters?!!! You surely must be MAD!

Wow! Back up a minute there, mate. Of course I love playing with Mary Kate and Ashley (boy, that sounds bad), who doesn't?

quote:
No, more seriously I was/am interested in Duality. It's a game on my list, but honestly if you had the choice in being able to play 3 games that were cancelled/unfinished I wouldn't go for Duality. There are ALOT of cancelled games, mostly due to lack of publisher, then financial problems and finally just lost in interests.

Aye, it would not make my "top three cancelled games" list either, but still, I would have liked to see it released...

quote:
What bringed up the topic on Adventure games? Is it because I listed Aura 2: The Sacred Rings? Or is it because of Whiteday? Frankly I too am not unto Adventure games, the last adventure game I played seriously and beated was I think Torico on Saturn. I liked it really. Then after that, there was Myst III but I really didn't liked it.

My apologies, I had somehow fixed myself upon the idea that Whiteday was an adventure title (which arose from skimming over your post much too quickly).

quote:
Speaking of Russian games, I didn't see in your list GoldenLand (Златогорье). You don't like it? It's out in Spanish and Russian do you know if it's any good?

Actually I was quite intrigued. To explain, the list I presented you was that which I use to keep track of upcoming games, however, once released, those titles I have not managed to acquire a reserved copy (or any other) are placed in a new list of titles I am looking for; it is in said list that you will find Goldenland.

Complete List of Released Games:
Archangel
Chaser
Deadlands
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul
GoldenLand
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
Neverend
Second Sight

I have managed to acquire a copy of almost every other game I wished, however, those few elude me.

quote:
...Requital (Волкодав: месть Серого Пса)
http://www.primal-soft.com/ru/games/volkodav/

Looks like I found myself another action-RPG, THEY even say it: "Волкодав: месть Серого Пса" - это новая action-RPG

I remember seeing something about said title (it may very well have been at this site), but was under the impression that it would be a local release only (in other words, no English copy), and, sadly, I am not fluent in Russian.
Have you heard otherwise?

quote:
Do you know if it's hard to get copies of the games, published by Akella?

Insofar as I am aware, no. At least, I've never had any problems with them. What were you thinking of acquiring, if I may ask?
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:06 am
Arngrim
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
If I may intercede a comment, I would urge you to begin your play with Fallout 2. You will not be required to possess any prior knowledge of the initial title in order to understand the premise and plotline of Fallout 2, and many new to the genre find the limited amount of time to accomplish your goals enforced in the first game to be a definite malfactor...a factor that is not evident in Fallout 2.

hum... I first need to pick it up and all, when was it released? Thanks for the advice by the way.

quote:
Wow! Back up a minute there, mate. Of course I love playing with Mary Kate and Ashley (boy, that sounds bad), who doesn't?

Yeah, that's what I thought. You can Role-Play as their boyfriend as much as you like, it's a vast RPG with lots of extra features. GO BUY IT NOW!

quote:
Aye, it would not make my "top three cancelled games" list either, but still, I would have liked to see it released...

Yeah, I know what you mean. But what can you do? Maybe if you were rich, you could buy off the work that they already made on the game and put it on all the P2P places... But other then that you can't do much.

quote:
My apologies, I had somehow fixed myself upon the idea that Whiteday was an adventure title (which arose from skimming over your post much too quickly).

No need to apologize, Whiteday is kind off an adventure game. But it's definitly no Myst. Your character can move freely and you have to resolve riddles and such to be able to proceed further in the game. Nothing great if you want my opinion...

quote:
Actually I was quite intrigued. To explain, the list I presented you was that which I use to keep track of upcoming games, however, once released, those titles I have not managed to acquire a reserved copy (or any other) are placed in a new list of titles I am looking for; it is in said list that you will find Goldenland.

Complete List of Released Games:
Archangel
Chaser
Deadlands
Drakan: Order of the Flame
Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul
GoldenLand
Kult: Heretic Kingdoms
Neverend
Second Sight

Lol we definitly have the same tastes, Chaser is a great game by the way, Best FPS in my opinion.

Kult: Heretic Kingdoms I tried the demo and it's a great game, nice music. It's kind of like a japanese RPG, the graphics are kind of like the game Zill O'll. Except the battles are in real time. It's also in my list of "Need to Buy"

Archangel: Also in my list.

Drakan: Order of the Flame In my list as well, I already had the game back in 1999/2000, but had a crappy computer at that time so I could never play it.

Neverend: lol same, I pre-ordered this one. That's what I don't understand. It's comming out on the 16th of this month in the UK, why not get it???

GoldenLand: Are you fluent in spanish? If not, why not get it from a Russian store? This game looks GREAT really. It has the greatest graphic engine for a game like that and the music sound good as well. Damn but it's only in russian and spanish...

Evil Islands: Curse of the Lost Soul Stop reading my mind lol, also in my list. But I have it written in Cyrillic.

Second Sight: THAT ONE ISN'T, well even though it isn't. I thought about buying it not so long ago...

Deadlands: Saw that name like a week ago on gamespot, lol definitly not on my list.

quote:
I have managed to acquire a copy of almost every other game I wished, however, those few elude me.

Buy online, no?

quote:
I remember seeing something about said title (it may very well have been at this site), but was under the impression that it would be a local release only (in other words, no English copy), and, sadly, I am not fluent in Russian.
Have you heard otherwise?

Well Akella, already chose an english name which is Requital and the date is Q3 2006. Other then that no info, nowhere. When you go to that website:
http://www.primal-soft.com/ and be in the english language section, that game isn't listed. The game is only listed in the russian language version. I guess they are just gonna release it in Russia and maybe some other countries of the East.

Russian or not, I will buy this game!

quote:
Insofar as I am aware, no. At least, I've never had any problems with them. What were you thinking of acquiring, if I may ask?

I wanted to buy Dark Tower Conspiracy (Заговор Темной башни), which is listed as a May 2006 release on the English language of Akella. It's already out in Russian...
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:39 am
corwin
On the Razorblade of Life
On the Razorblade of Life

You'll find several screenshots of Grimoire here in our gallery. I actually have the game and have played it twice. It's not yet released, but after a break, Cleve is back working on it. The game is fully playable, but has a few annoying bugs such as vital inventory items being overwritten. Stay tuned, you'll read about it first here!!

I don't use Smileys, I use Emoticons!!

Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:57 am
Arngrim
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ermm... yaaa... Sorry to say that but... did you notice that this game kinda look like hummm... what's the word? Oh yeah CRAP.

Come on lol, I'd rather play PONG then THIS. Don't tell me you waited 7 years straight for it???!
Post Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:23 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2