Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
GAme ALWAYS Crashes when Battling enemies.
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Troubleshooting

Author Thread

Hello to all kind enough to respond to this Cry for help. I got this game expecting it to be a gr8 Experience, and in between crashes it has been. However, EVERY time I engage an enemy the game will crash. I think Its that MSS32.dll error everyone is having so much trouble with. I have tried all the suggestions. I changed to DirectSOund HW, turned off reverd, downloaded patch 1.08K and the latest graphics drivers for my card. IT still does it. I am just at the beginning of the game. I have managed to get as far ar the old camp. But like i sadi it crashes everytime I engage enemies. I am running a GeForce 3 TI 200, on a 900MHZ AThlon TBIRD (Slot A). I have 256 Megs of PC133 SDRAM, and a C-MEdia Integrated Sound Chip (8738). Please help. I really wanan play this game. Oh and while I am asking Questions..... what Do U folks know about the bikini Patch for this game? I read some rumors but nothing specific. Thanx in advance.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 3:46 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

The only critical component in your system is the soundchip. Some things you can try:

-disable all kinds of sound
-get newer drivers
-borrow a SBLive! from a friend to verify itīs the soundcard
-update the mss32.dll. I posted the URL in one of the other threads on this topic.

The details on the bikini patch and the blood patch are in the FAQ.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:15 am

I am running Windows XP Pro. I thought this meant I had the newest MSS32.dll.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:31 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Not necessarily. The latest version is not even three months old.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:38 am

Sweet. Thanx MAN. I updated My Sound Drivers. It says their the same as the old version but I used the referrence drivers instead of the proprietary ones this time. apparently it worked. No crashes so far. If It happens again I will be sure to do the MSS32 update like U said. U said U talked about it in another thread, Rite?
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 4:41 am

Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Right. Is was on the site of the company that makes the RAD gametools, bink video encoder, etc. . This stuff is used in almost every commercial game on the planet.
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:01 am
Baalcipher
Humanoid Typhoon
Humanoid Typhoon

Same thing goes for graphics drivers. Man Is microsoft hitting the crac kagain?

They dont seem to care anymore. Oh well. Time for linux!

Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:14 am

Well ALl is looking well. Found your MSS32.dll Thread. However (And I know I am coming off like a perv here, but...) I can't find the Bikini patch thread. I just wanna get the most for my Money, Ya know? Heh heh
Post Sat Jan 19, 2002 5:19 am