Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Best Gothic Moment
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread

my most memorably moment was after i beat the game i had a friend over and he was watching and i summoned an ice golem a fire golem and a troll to see who would win... of course they all attacked me and i had to quick get out.... after a while i cheated and teleported to the dungeon in old camp and i walk up to find my troll, fire golem, and ice golem running around the camp fighting... of course the fire golem takes on the fire mages and sits there attacking milton... this is still first chapter so half of the people are still invincible... and the troll is running around decking guards and the golems and i right behind taking guards equip... after a while that got boring so i inserted the sleeper into the fray... he just sat there and cast sleep on me but didnt do anything... so i switched to movable camera and watched the 3 battles between guards trolls golems and mages... a most hilarious fight when everyone is invincible.
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:45 am

I have one, I accidentally put a swampshark in to the game. I was in front of the OC and once I figured out I couldn't hurt the thing, I ran to the guards. The thing was, they couldn't hurt it either! It just crawled right into the OC, killing two of the guards. I followed it in and the camp when nuts! Diggers running everywhich, way, shadows running around and guards trying to kill it.
Nothing they did even slowed the thing down! It crawled around the camp, reeking havoc. I went to sleep, and when I woke up, things seemed back to normal. Until I when to get my daily supply of meatbug stew. I tried to talk to SNARF but as soon as I started the conversation, he flipped out and ran! I turned around to see the swampshark had some how gotten on top of the huts! Now I was running! I ran to where THORUS is and he started battling the thing. I left the OC and when I came back, the swampshark had gotten past THORUS and entered the castle courtyard! Were it began to chase everyone in site! I laughed my ass off watching all those guards and THORUS running around trying to kill the thing and not harming it a bit!
I ended up loading a saved game, I felt kind of bad unleashing that thing on the OC. Put it was fun to watch!
Post Mon Mar 04, 2002 3:46 am

TheLonePaladin
Mighty Warrior
Mighty Warrior

mines pretty funny. ok. so there i was, possessing whoever i felt like, walking around the Brotherhood, when i decided to see how old Y'Berion is doing (still first chapter) so i walk in as a templar, possess Y'Berion for a while and pretend i'm commanding the slave girl. then i possess the slave girl! (god help me she walks like Lara Croft) so i'm admiring the slave girl, when i decide to find someone else to possess. i (er she) walks out and a templar says "now theres something to look at" as the other says "hey what are you doing?" and attacks me. he inspires all of the templars within a 10 mile radius, all with their own snide remarks, who are now all attacking this helpless slave girl. so i zap out of her to another templar. somehow, the others followed my persona! the slave girl makes a break for it, free from the endless fanning of Y'Berion and i lose track of her. meanwhile, the templars are about to kill me (as a templar) so i zap into my frozen lester who is conveniently frozen near the temple. as the templars slaughter one of their own (and they DID kill him, not just a knock out) Lester walks up and decides to lend a hand. for some reason the templars just didn't want any newcomers. everyones attacking Lester whos invincible. so i zap back to myself. and Lester (still frozen) stands there, blinking like a retard, screaming without moving his mouth, with 20 templars tearing into him. thats when i turn around and see the slave girl walking up the steps. she goes right into the temple and fans at Y'Berion as though nothing has happened. i can't remember the last time i've laughed that hard at a video game!
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:07 am

This is the best post .many funny stuff
My best moment till now (i havent finished the game yet) was in the orc temple (I am still here bTW ) I was fighting two undead orc and one templar. I killed the orc and knocked the templar down,but didnt kill him. I took his weapon and let him stand again so he can start cursin and I can fool around a bit more with him So he got up as expected,and said some stuff .I though he would attack me with his fists,but he started running. I thought I would have to chase him,but guess what he did he went to dead orc grabbed HIS weapon and attacked me with it! (he used it with one hand,but as you know orc have 2H weapons)Thats what I call AI!
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:27 pm

ffbj
High Emperor
High Emperor

Fighting skeletons in the temple by the moonlight, a wah da do dah.
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:34 pm
Airk
Commander*Warrior*Rogue
Commander*Warrior*Rogue

Best Gothic Moment...

I was Traveling around as a bloodfly and wanted to see how high up the mountain I could get. At the top of the mountain I was zapped repeatedly by the barrier, but instead of being zapped backwards I was zapped fowards and over the edge into the grey abyss of nothing-ness. I hadn't saved in a while and dying now would send me back to a gromit level. I survived the barrier and the fall and realized I was underneath the whole map, somewhere around the new camp. Determined to escape, I spent another half hour trying to fly up through the bottom of the map. It didn't work. I finally ended up re-entering from the bottom of a lake below the rice fields and stayed underwater all the way down the river until I emerged infront of the bridge gaurds who didn't find the presence of a bloodfly to be very comforting:(

[ This Message was edited by: NecromancerApprentice on 2002-03-05 18:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: NecromancerApprentice on 2002-03-05 18:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: NecromancerApprentice on 2002-03-05 18:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: NecromancerApprentice on 2002-03-05 18:43 ]
Post Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:54 pm
Paladin1124
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

One of the best moments for me happened in the Old Camp, and really fit in with the prison atmosphere. I had been walking around and acting like a bad @ss and never payed protection money to Bloodwyn.

Anyway after a few days of this,after roaming around the camp,Grim came running up to me.He told me that the 2 guys camped outside the Old Camp had stolen an amulet from Gomez, and he was going to beat them up/kill them and get the amulet back. He asked for my help since it was two of them,and if I helped him it would help me get accepted in the Old Camp.Of course I declined,asking for half of whatever Grim was going to get for retreiving the amulet. Grim said OK, so I told him I was in and we both headed outside the camp to beat up on the 2 guys camped out there. As we get to the two guys, Grim turns around and initializes dialogue. I forget exactly what he says,but it was something like "Now that I've got you away from your freind Diego, Bloodwyn sends his regards!" As he was saying this,the two diggers drew their weapons. I think I may have said "F**K!" at that point,as the impact of being lured into a trap hit me. I knocked out one of the diggers,but Grim and the other digger knocked me out, and stole 200 or so ore.

Afterwards Grim said something to me about not having any hard feelings,that he was new too and had to do what the guards ordered him to,so he could work his way up,and not have to work the mine. He also told me I caused my own problems by not paying the guards.

I thought the whole incident was cool, and really helped set the atmosphere of the prison.

Post Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:38 am
preppieX
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

First cool thing:
No matter what you do, possibly the coolest is jumping off tall things with acrobatics (and god mode of course). I mean, the camera angle just makes everything look so very kick@$$.

Second:
No one will deny that looking at Xardas' tower at night with the barrier shimmering in the background isn't one of the coolest things in a game.

Third:
The Temple Guard AI is really good. After getting up to an insane level, and practicing a lot with my 2h sword, I could parry pretty well. But this temple guard and I, just kept swinging at each other and blocking. Rapid successions of *clang! clang!* It was the best REAL-ish swordfight I had in the game, other than just hack-and-slash. It was cool. And then, killing the guy with Uriziel was cool, and there was this electric flash once I put the sword away. 4VV3$0m3

Post Sun Mar 10, 2002 1:40 am
Gig
Southern Spirit
Southern Spirit

Having the game crash out to my desktop during the Fog tower mission before I was so creeped out that I couldn't sleep! I hadn't saved at all during the mission, so I had to do it all over again later, but it was ok once I was ready for it. Not a proper mission for 2am.

''Perhaps I'm old and tired but I always think that the chances of finding out what really is going on are so absurdly remote that the only thing to do is to say hang the sense of it and just keep yourself occupied. Look at me: I design coastlines. I got an award for Norway.''--Slartibartfast
Post Sun Mar 10, 2002 6:09 am

Hi, I'm Ceka... I don't believe I've posted here before, but I tend to lurk.

My favorite moment in Gothic was probably during the time where you're in the Orc Gaveyard. And you're fighting and fighting, it's right after you get both parts of the scroll. Me and the templer (I forget his name) were walking down the steps and all of a sudden I see something far away. Squinting I can tell it's something muscle-bound. So carefully I creep toward's it. (It was awesome because it's back was towards me and light from the roof was shining down on it... The effects were awesome) I stop, and look at it again. This time the thing turns its head and looks back at me. It was almost as if it smirked at me! It draws its weapon and turns, charging at me. It was an orc warrior. My adrenaline begins pumping and I draw my sword and charge it. He swings at me and I use acrobatics to jump out of harms way. I swing at him and he blocks, it was back and forth for awhile, until he cornered me. Then, both of us near death, I jump out of harms way and stab him in the back. But before he falls and dies I hear him roar.... And he dies. Happily, I figure it was a death roar and he just died... Then I hear something that I'll never forget. Orcs come running towards me! It was like he called for backup. It was amazing. A brilliant sword fight and that. Being near death I ran and used the teleport on the fake wall like the templer tells you. And left him out battling them until I could use potions on myself. And then I went back out and helped.. I love Gothic... And I'm soooooooo waiting for the adventures and brilliant moments that will take place in Gothic 2...

Though the ending in Gothic lacked a bit for my tastes, the game is still just superb.
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:10 am

My best gothic moment was when i had to do that ruined castle quest for a focus stone, well before i could get there i was forced to fight a stone golem who was blocking the bridge. like a fool i bust out my sword of fear and try to kill it. SMACK, i went sailing off the bridge and into the water beneath it...

there was a strong current which wisked me away to this big huge lake.

I swim to the shore and check my inventory for potions, none, so i figured i would just go back to civilization and get some. well low and behold as i am walking back 3 ork warriors come charging at me from behind a boulder. I turn tail and run away, figuring i can just run till they lose interest

well those persistant bastards chased me off a cliff and right back into the lake, i look back from the water adn they jump in after me. "DAMN" i think so i swim to this tower lookin thing hoping i can hide in there.

When i get to the tower i hide inside and notice a hole leading down. I swim down the narrow tunnel and reach some sort of temple, once inside i figure im safe so i look around

Then all of the sudden zombies and skeletons and wraiths start comin at me from everywhere! no matter what way i turned there was some undead creature slashing at me. I acrobatically dived to safety and ran down to the tunnel of water. when an icebolt from the wraith freezes me in my tracks. i figure the zombies and all wont reach me before i thaw out so i stay calm, then right as i thaw out a orc jumps out the water and kills me. Then the zombies and and undead kill it

the whole thing was just like a horror movie
Post Mon Mar 11, 2002 3:14 am

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3