Well thats it, Im starting again!!!!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Nukleus
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Well thats it, Im starting again!!!!

Well I'm definatley gonna start the game from scratch,Im a level 3 Imperial thief and I'am fed up of not being able to do quests due to my lack of skill points , its all my fault don't get me wrong. The one mistake that I wont do second time round is to rush about not listening to what people have to say as a lot of it is valuble info. Also I 'm gonna stay in a city until I've got all I can from it as I have passed a lot of good opportunities in Seyda-neen for example. Im gonna start the game with the same race/class etc but this time I think I'll take things much slower .eg. robbing every house in Seyda neen clean and doing every available/uitable quest before moving on to the next town.

Anybody else with stories like mine?? If so tell me about em.
Post Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:25 pm
Rawis
Gorthaur
Gorthaur

Bah, get loads of money and train to level 20 or so, then you can begin with the quests, its kinda like i use to do.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:08 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

The character I started a few days ago is my 5th. I did two throw-away characters just to tinker around, but I spent some quality time with a dark-elf custom fighter/destruction and a long time with a nord fighter/restoration type. Each time you start over, you have a better idea of what you want, what you need, and the best way to get there.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 12:50 am
Spawnster
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

same here same here. i got fed up with my 1st imperial fighter cos she was too slow.....

2nd : redguard fighter/thief - quite satified with him now at Lev 15
3rd : Breton mage - just experimenting
4th : Dark Elf Battlemage - just experimenting
5th : Nord - barbarian - just experimenting

i decided my next character will be a dark elf battlemage - one weakness with my redguard is low willpower and no ranged spells or weaponry... so my battlemage will hv destruction as major and marksman as minor.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 3:54 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Your selection of plugins makes a big difference, too. With my Nord, I picked up the Lilarcor talking sword mod shortly after starting. I had picked block as a major skill for my custom class. Lilarcor is a two handed sword... That was a big reason I decided to start character number 5.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:44 am
The Omen
High Emperor
High Emperor

Well, I hope you get it right this time.
Post Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:04 pm
ryley
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

This is what makes Morrowind so great i my opinion. Endless replayability. I've also recently started a new character. A darkelf fighter/mage.
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:53 am
Provis
High Emperor
High Emperor

I only made one character. I kinda like having imperfections in my character. It give him.... uhhh character.

"Yea, so what I didn't like Planescape: Torment, what are you gonna do about it?" - Provis
Post Sun Aug 18, 2002 6:41 am
Spawnster
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

true, true....
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 6:49 am
Hexmaster
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

Same Here..

Nukleus,

I did the same thing,

I played the game too fast.........

Morrowind definitely needs a slower pace.....after all we are not playing Quake or Unreal, but I found myself running about all over the map and not taking in the ambience and depth of the game.

So, I started again as a Dark Elf Assasin. I spent LOADS of time in Seyda Neen, talking to everyone and then progressed to Balmora.

I have wandered and talked and traded and stole everywhere possible.

In some sessions (normally about 3-4 hours), I have never drawn my weapon.

The vast amount of info, politics and detail demands a slower pace.

Morrowind is not just a game.....it is a way of life.

Regards,

Hexmaster
Post Mon Aug 19, 2002 7:58 am
tnn4
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I,ve played for a couple of days now, the tempature outside is real high and it makes one incapable of receiving toons of text information, the first 30mins... sure, but after a couple of hours i just wanted to gain level and more money.

And now... I feel that if it doesnt get fun.. then I will dropp it.
No point in reading all text if you doesnt remeber or care about it.

So please... Where are the place too be to kill monsters, easy monsters.
And why must magica be a problem all the time, all i can buy if some small crap that i need 6-8 of to refill, then 2 failed summons and its all gone.

Btw... yesterday i did something that sure boosted my willpower towards this game. I used those scrolls with 1000 acrobatic... was outside Caldera(think that was the name) I jumped and got damaged whilst i hit some kind of fence wich something magic about it. I leviated up on it and looked on map.. "something must be in the middle"I though and jumped again...I died whilst hitting a mountain in... red mountain!... wich I have understood is part of the end in the game.
Loaded and did it again, leviated to stopp then walked down safley, saved the game under new name I sneaked around there quite a while and ran into some weird looking elephant/octopuss kindalike creatues, then It was getting really late and i went to bed... now i,m in school and just wanna go home for furter investigations

I need tips!
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 12:23 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

Here we go:

Easy monsters? Depends what level you are. For the first few levels hanging around the Seyda Neen area is worthwhile - you can fight Mud Crabs and Slaughterfish - these are all very abundant. Also look out for Rats, Kwama Foragers and Scribs. Go down a mine to fight more Kwama Foragers and Scribs, take on a Kwama Worker or two if you feel lucky. Once you get a Silver or enchanted weapon you might want to hunt out an ancestral tomb or two.

I couldn't possibly comment on the Magicka problem - I don't use it at all

As for tips, try out Alchemy - that's fun. For a quick burst of cash, head for the Caldera Ebony Mine. Carry a couple of Restore Health with you at all times. How about them?
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:07 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I found the mana problem to be a major stumbling block, too. There's a plugin you might be interested in- Fair Magicka Regeneration. It gives you a choice of four different rates of regeneration, all keyed to your willpower rating. As long as you choose a slower regen rate (I use the second slowest), it doesn't hurt game balance much. I'm pretty sure that it's available at our Plugin Depot.
Post Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:26 pm