View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - Spoilers, Tips & Tricks

Author Thread
elmroth
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Lacni,

Spoiler:
Maybe Fisk has something for another merchant and there is a tongue in the lurker cave.
Post Tue Dec 21, 2004 5:59 pm
Lacni
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok, im going mad! I like this mod, i really do! I ve played it for hours! But a while ago my strenght suddenly dropped from about 80 to 32. I was angry, but said who cares, i ll play ahead and forget this 50SP, So i play manny hours more and got my strenght to 90, hhen suddenly it dropped back to 49!!! For second time in the same game!!! I cant take it any more!! Can please somebody tell me why does this happen, or at least tell me if (and how) i can use marvin to get my SP back? I d really apreciate an answer!

Last edited by Lacni on Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 6:29 pm
Wulf
The Shepherd
The Shepherd

O.k Lacni, stay cool.

Try not to use marvin 1st time round, it spoils the game.
I am not sure about this because i only played the game for a short time,but,
i noticed a "strength-loss" when over fighting (continuous) this meant i had to take a break (in the game) have some food, take a sleep?
Post Fri Dec 24, 2004 7:53 pm
Lacni
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Yes, i know u loose a cuple of points in fight, but u dont loose 40 of them and u get them back when u sleep. But in this game i ve lost both times together about 90 points, and that is too much for me! Just count if i invested 30 SP in one handed skill and everything else in strenght. Now i m l13 and i ve got 49 strenght! And i dont wanna use marvin to cheat, just to get back what is mine! It s true im new to this forum but i m quite old gothic fan and i m also quite active on jowood forum, i just didnt know about this one. I never used marvin becouse i didnt want to, and that is also the reason i dont know how to do it. That is why there is no fear to spoil it if i set my trenght back where it is or increase my sp in amount i ve lost. I just dont know how. I know how to insert objects and stuff like that, but i ve never seen how u can edit your stats!
Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:48 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Hey Lacni, pull up the charater screen f2 or b by default then type the word, Marvin while the charater screen is up, it should say marvin mode active (or something like that).
Just a note German keyboard configurtion is active in this game so when you type a "y" its actually a "z" and also "=" and "_" are not normal but they are there maybe try a couple to see you will figure it out
Now that its active hit the f2 then type lp = # (for your lost learning points)
You shouel go here my instructions are from my memory from aboiut 6 months ago, so possibly not exact.
http://gothic.rpgdot.com/

Good Luck

Btw I personally think there is no such thing as cheating in a single player game as "harm" must be cause for chaet to occur. I believe what ever makes the game fun for you is the RIGHT way to play
Post Sat Dec 25, 2004 1:12 pm
Lacni
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Ok, i found what really happened! It was no bug, it is just part of the game i was not aware of. And to me it looks like nobody else is. The problem is in armor! It doesent just require ceirtain amount of strenght to wear, it takes that amount of strenght. So when u wear havy armor u r weaker than without it, and that is quite logical. So every time i got better armor my strenght decreased for the amount armor needs (havy armor:80 str). When u take it off u get str back. The system seems logical, but it makes the game MUCH harder!
Post Mon Dec 27, 2004 7:07 am
Moe
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by Lacni
The system seems logical, but it makes the game MUCH harder!

To be honest, we added this system with the 1.1 patch, because the German guys, who played the first release version complained, that Diccuric is too easy (the respawning monsters give much experience). I did some more changes to the old Gothic system (e.g. the enemy-spawn-script reacts on the player level), but you need not to push you character to a half-god. At testing, I played so often, that I started to rush through the game and finished with very low levels
Post Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:13 am
@ries
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

can anyone explain to me what is Diurric
Post Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:32 pm
mazu
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

Mod?
Post Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:51 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Its a Mod for Gothic, if I recall it is a stand alone story, ie like a new Gothic game.

I cant find the actual link to download the beta, cant remember which page it is on.
I went to their home page, http://www.diccuric.org/enindex.htm and only the German version is listed.
I thought it would be nice to get a link here near the current place of the thread so everyone wont have to read every
post to find it or if Moe would add it to his first post, so it will actually be easy to find
Post Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:55 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

hey guys diccuric is great a quick question though did you stop working on the translation? caues all I could find is the beta2 version
thanks
Post Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:24 pm
Biges
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

So, is it continuing or is the translation project dead?
Don't tell me there are not people able to translate German to English.
OK, I don't speak German (I may use a tranlator thou) and I don't know scripting, but I'm offering my help. Well, it would be easier for me to translate Russian to English... wait, I can play it in Russian! What an idea :)
Post Sat Feb 11, 2006 11:07 pm

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9