PLEASE HELP it says insert original CD
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
Alcarin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

PLEASE HELP it says insert original CD

Now i can finaly set weiter on installation at gothic NOTR but when instalation started it says insert original CD can i bypass that somehow??

PLIS help im desperate
Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:36 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

You should first read the FAQ. Then you can post details.
Post Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:09 pm
Nordic
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

What the ****?!

Gorath - are you pulling my leg? I hope you are, because I would hate to think that you are... not very intellectually agile, so to speak.
Perhaps you should specify which FAQ you meant, because neither the FAQ in the game manual, nor the one in this forum, offers the answer to this peculiar problem.
Or perhaps you should listen to one's problems afore referreing one to FAQ (which, when done in a troubleshooting forum, is quite often equivalent to giving an advice, that is, for various anatomical reasons, hard to make use of). Or even better, you should not post your reply if don't really know anything even remotely related to the topic whatsoever! Wouldn't THAT be great?

Ok, I had the same problem too. The exact error message goes like this:
"Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive ?"
I reckon the problem is not that the CD is not original (because it actually IS original), but because it is in the wrong drive (my CD drive is labeled E. Unfortunately, I don't happen to have couple of spare CD drives installed in my PC just in case some game doesn't like the one I decided to use. I have seen games before that expected the CD drive to be labeled D:, otherwise they would not work. I sort of believed that such thing could not happen in 21st century.
I can't get support from JoWood, because I don't speak german (YES, there is english forum on their website, but in order to post, you have to register... in german!). I tried to find a crack, but I guess I'm not very good at googling.
I would be very grateful if anyone reveal to me (and to my friend Alcarin) where to get the crack and/or whether it would solve my problem.
Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:02 pm
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Re: What the ****?!

quote:
Originally posted by Nordic
Gorath - are you pulling my leg?

No, I´m not. I meant it seriously. I was only slightly mistaken about the FAQ´s content; I remembered it contained something about ZoneAlarm causing a failed CP check. Seems this wasn´t added yet.

quote:
I hope you are, because I would hate to think that you are... not very intellectually agile, so to speak.
Interesting ... I had a similar impression of your friend - that he´s probably a nice guy but sort of unable to identify the problem.

quote:
Perhaps you should specify which FAQ you meant, because neither the FAQ in the game manual, nor the one in this forum, offers the answer to this peculiar problem.
If there´s only one FAQ in a forum it´s usually quite easy to identify. But it probably didn´t hurt to read the official FAQ too.

quote:
Or perhaps you should listen to one's problems afore referreing one to FAQ (which, when done in a troubleshooting forum, is quite often equivalent to giving an advice, that is, for various anatomical reasons, hard to make use of).

Oh, I think I correctly identified his to problems and gave suggestions for both. (1) the CP check fails, for unknown reason and (2) he didn´t provide details. Do you think we´re clairvoyants? If you want substantiated suggestions you have to provide exact information. This is the very reason game tech support usually asks you for a DXDiag and a MSConfig.
For example, both of you didn´t even mentioned which version you have. I assume it´s a Korean G2 with a Polish add-on?

quote:
Or even better, you should not post your reply if don't really know anything even remotely related to the topic whatsoever! Wouldn't THAT be great?
Or even better you learned how to use the search function before you open a thread about a problem which sounds like 50 people had it before you. Wouldn´t THAT be great?
And if this hint wasn´t obvious enough: There are many threads about failed copy protection checks. They can be caused by just about everything, from old drivers over blacklisted software to incompatible drives. The check will fail over and over again until you´ve found out the reason.

quote:
Ok, I had the same problem too. The exact error message goes like this: "Please remove disc from current CD/DVD drive and insert the original disc in another drive ?"

This sounds unlikely, you would be the first with that message. I think your friend is closer to the truth. The game is simply asking for the original CD.

quote:
I reckon the problem is not that the CD is not original (because it actually IS original), but because it is in the wrong drive (my CD drive is labeled E.

The first is good to hear and the second is unlikely to be the problem. I´ve never heard of this in connection to one of the Gothic games. My drives are H and I. No problems.

quote:
I can't get support from JoWood, because I don't speak german (YES, there is english forum on their website, but in order to post, you have to register... in german!).

Yes, JoWooD is strange sometimes. You could try it on Worldof Gothic.

quote:
I tried to find a crack, but I guess I'm not very good at googling.
I would be very grateful if anyone reveal to me (and to my friend Alcarin) where to get the crack and/or whether it would solve my problem.

This is not the kind of information you´ll get here.
It´s not clear if the crack really works. You´ll be 10 hours into the game when you find it out. Plus it can only be applied after the game has been installed.
Post Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:19 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Alcarin: it happened to me too, I bought the german expansion for the UK game, the problem is that they included a software that identifies Virtuel cd drives, so if you have them on your computer, the installion assumes you are using a pirated version, so just disable the dameon tools or whatever you are using....
and it should work fine if you have the original of course

that was what worked for me back when I installed it and got the same message
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:13 am
Alcarin
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

yes i tried to disable the deamon tools and so instalation began but sadly after 10 seconds it said again please insert original cd damm it!!!!!

Why they cant simply make a version of english and you only install that version it has to be so complicated!!!!
Post Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:45 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Did you put the German exe into the G2 dir? Did you update your chipset drivers? Did you disable DMA for your CD drive? Did you disable your firewall, especially ZoneAlarm?
Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:55 pm