Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Trying to decide if I should go EQ 2 or WoW?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > World of Warcraft

Author Thread
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

Trying to decide if I should go EQ 2 or WoW?

I'm aware of the fact that this is a WoW based forum might lead to some biased opinions, but nonetheless, rpgdot.com, imo, has some of the best game critics that put bias aside, and because most of all, you guys love what I love, rpgs. I played the trial version of EQ2 and so far it's ok.

Well, let me start off by telling you what I love and hate.

Love cool looking and sounding magic spells that make one feel like a god. I'm especially looking for a kickass lightning spell. Saw the one in EQ2, lightning burst, it was ok, but I'm hoping you get a better one later on.

I like the solo factor but I could withstand some partying.

I also like skill trees where one can get a choice of what spells or skills to choose from. I hated how in EQ2 you were given spells once you reached that level. I'm looking for more of a skill tree like in AC2.

Love music too.

Mounts rock.

Rain and weather effects, along with shooting stars at night (like in AC2).

Gotta have critical hits for melee warriors.

The ability to wear a robe or something resembling a robe so that roleplaying a mage will be easier.

Laslty, I gotta have dragons for some bosses. Demons will do just as good.

Please let me know if WoW is the right game for me, or EQ2 for those who've played it or heard about it. Thanks all for your support.
Post Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:22 pm
thartanian
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I ended up getting WoW. It's nice and I like it. It defintely has a different feel from EQ2. Kinda feels similar to asheron's call 2. I would probably sum the two games up like this. If you want a good solid feel of melee fighting, get WoW because in EQ2, when melee fighting, it doesn't actually feel like you're hitting the monster (i.e. the sound of hitting the mob doesn't always match the moment your blade hits). However, if you want a good solid feel of magic along with some good sound and eye candy, I'd go EQ2.

My 11 cents.
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:34 am
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

Accurate enough assessment.

WoW has a lot going for it.. I enjoyed it until the endgame.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:06 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Same, and both games lack what Gothic has - interactive fighting. I would really like to see some interactive fighting in WOW, that made it more than click-the-skill to win(rogues for instance are fairly interactive, but Paladins(my main is a pally) are about as interactive as a rock).
Post Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:02 pm