Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
My greatest game moment. And what was yours??
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Jabberwocky
Noble Knight
Noble Knight

My greatest game moment. And what was yours??

There are many, many, awesome, funny, exciting, etc... moments I'm sure we've all experienced in the Gothic Universe, but the one I just had was one of the best:

It was at the cave with the skeletons and *gulp* Shadow Warriors near the magical forest. I was determined to get that sword hanging in the midst of the blue glow. Problem: I was a low-level dragon hunter. Although I could lure the two Shadow Warriors out of the cavern one at a time, I couldn't take them without getting killed. After reloading a dozen or so times, I decided to look at the inventory and see if I had anything that would give me an edge. Hmnn... what's this? A "Awaken Golem" spell?? Well, those jokers sure beat the heck outta me when I was unfortunate enough to run across one. Let's see how the Shadow Warriors fare. I summoned the Golem, drew my sword, and ran into the narrow tunnel. Uh-oh, both of them saw me this time. I turned around and ran back the other way, thus putting my huge Golem in between myself and the skeletons. As soon as I made it back to the more spacious entrance of the cavern, I turned to see what would be the outcome of my plan. I couldn't see into the narrow tunnel, but suddenly I heard a *WHAM!* and saw one of the Shadow Warriors fly out of the tunnel, all of the way across the chamber, only to slam into the far wall - dying instantly! His companion managed to get past the Golem however, and came straight at me. As I engaged, the Golem came up from behind, and with one fell-swoop, sent the second Shadow Warrior flying through the entrance of the cave and on outside several feet - also dying instantly. It was one of the funniest things I had ever seen!! From now on I look at a Magic Golem with a strange feeling of affection when I see one, even when he's chasing me!!

So maybe someone else has a great moment they would like to relate?? Post it here so we can all enjoy!!
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:52 pm
megadav
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

When I first used my new Rain of Fire rune. In the middle of the Merchant's Square. The rest is up to you
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:57 pm
Chekote
Where’s my Banana?!?!
Where’s my Banana?!?!

When a town guard killed someone for fighting me, even though I started the fight.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:11 pm
Mercenary
Helpful Friend
Helpful Friend

When i saw Bullco doing his thing on Onar's Farm.

And when i hitted one knight and the other knight attacked him and they've started fighting.

-=Captain of Militia of RPGDot Shadows=-
-=Leader of Mercenaries of Gothic Rogues=-
-=Proud member of NFG=-
-=Forever one soul of Seekers of Chromanin=-
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 8:21 pm
Angelo
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I had one of my best moments near the end of the game. I was playing as magician and I was really powerfull. The only thing I had to do to complete the game was killing the Undead dragon. I used the spell Army of darkness (casts about 6 skeletons) and I kept casting it till I had about 50 skeletons . Then my summoned army went and start chopping the dragon . As I watched the battle I remembered all the funny moments I had in Gothic and came to conclusion it's my favorite RPG. Then, my army of skeletons killed the dragon and I felt a bit sorry because the game ended so fast.
Post Fri Mar 19, 2004 10:43 pm
Everclearules20
Head Merchant
Head Merchant

Mine was first starting the game and realizing just how good this game is.
Post Sat Mar 20, 2004 6:56 am
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

There were couple moments, that could fit in to best moments gategory.

Walking down to the khorinis from xardas first time. felt like i was at home again

It was truly scary to crawl inside the old walley again.At night and orcs everywhere i was barely so strong that i could have match one orc mano a mano.So fighting my way through hordes of orcs wasn't an option.So there i was trying to find secured path to castle, but like you all know how such foolish plans usually end up.Yes soon i had few orcs elites chasing me, well that for sure was an experience!
Btw does sneaking work against monsters?(like orcs and such)

Also figuring how to solve path of fire test was really fun and rewarding.i really enjoyed it .I'll hope pb will put something like that in gothic 3.

or

I was a low level mage, and well you all know how immune black troll seems to allmoust any kind of magic.So after trying few lousy fireballs and ice arrows, my image of a all mighty servent of innos really was starting to be shattered
away.As desperate i was, i even tried going melee with that beast.Anyhow after taking some deserved beating for such stupid ideas, i finally got it, hell i'm a mage, so why not let the someone else to do the dirty work for me.After countless of efforts there i was standing and watching how something like 20 small gobling skeletons were smashing with their tiny clubs that huge ugly monster.The troll didn't have a chanse.When one of them flew away, an other took its place.Sure it took some time, but i beat the beast!
Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:02 pm
Graham 2
High Emperor
High Emperor

the most rewarding part for me wasgetting the dragon slicer in chapter 1 as a guildless nobody with only the leather armour for protection the shadow worriors are super hard, then when I had dragon slicer I decamated the black troll with it
Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:21 pm
goblin i karry
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

the most funny thing i have seen was when i was abaut to go to the island i was fooling around at the harbour.
then i hit one of the paladins by accident and they all got mad at me but i thought what the hell and started beating the crap out of them, they werent too hard for my lvl36 pally.
but when i started knocking them down (not killing) the fallen paladins comrades killed him by driving their sword into their downed comrades chest even when i was busy attacking them

totally loonies those guys i can understand why king Rhobar sent them on a suicide mission to get the magic ore
Post Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:24 pm
DarkWeaver
A Dark Prince
A Dark Prince

Hmm.... My most funniest thing were when people begon floating above my head......

Last edited by DarkWeaver on Thu Apr 01, 2004 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:19 am
Vival
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

quote:
Originally posted by DarkWeaver
Hmm.... My most funniest thing was when people begon floating above my head......

Woah, careful with that swampweed.
Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:31 pm
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

the first time i beat up sentenza man that guy was tough i actually had to fight for a long time and he almost got me
Post Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:13 pm
Gothdick
Village Leader
Village Leader

when i spent 4 game hours sitting on a stool on the far side of a dark, smokey bar.... watching, waiting for my moment.... my pray had been chosen. Valentino had flashed one too many gold coins around and now it was his time.

He got up... i waited, then left the bar 5 seconds later, tipping the barkeeper as i went while flashing a cool wink at a busty wench.

I crept up behind Valentino in a dark alley, but a stones throw from a city guard. He never heard the screams.

I let Valentino live, for sport, as i surely would like to have a repeat performance, and it gives me an excuse to look up that wench.

seriously tho, cmon you all KNOW beating up valentino was a far greater moment than killing any black troll or shadow beasts. It felt kinda sick, and right at the same time
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:40 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

doh i forgot Valantino, but yes you are absolutely right.Giving a lesson for that rat felt truly satisfying..
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:18 pm
cluster550
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I've experienced many of the things you all have and enjoyed them all. I'm not sure about which moment was the greatest, but here are a couple other things I've done:

1. As a high level mage, I prepared my wonderful mass destruction spell and gave its name a whole new meaning. I ran around the outside of the old castle while all of the orcs were there, and once I had a huge horde of orcs chasing me, stopping occasionally so they could all keep up, I stood in place and began casting. By the time they had all surrounded me and began chopping, mass destruction finished casting--- instant level or two.

2. Another funny moment was after I had finished the quest for the guy with meatbug phobia in the old castle. I walked up to him and told him "There's a meatbug" or something like that, to which he responded by running out of the room, across the courtyard, and right through the hole in the wall. SPLAT!!! Well at least he won't be afraid of meatbugs anymore.
Post Tue Mar 23, 2004 5:56 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next