How do I earn Thorbens trust!?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 Spoilers

Author Thread
Kavamoon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

How do I earn Thorbens trust!?

How do earn thorbens the craftman in the city his trust to learn me how to pick locks? I have a hole bunsh of chests I want to open..
I´m an apprentis of the blacksmith, could it be because I Joined the mercenaries?
Is there another way to learn this skill?

And were do I find snapperweed, havn´t found one sample yet.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:14 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

Do what thorben asks you to do, get the blessing of the gods, one from Vatras the other from Daron in the marketplace. Then Speak to matteo and he will tell you that Thorben's niece Gritta owes him 100 gold, go speak to Gritta and get the gold or pay it yourself, and return the gold to matteo. Now talk to Thorben again and he will charge you 200 gold for lockpicking.

You can bring that down to 0 Gold if you get lehmar's book (pickpocket or beat him up) and give it to Thorben.

The other person that teaches lockpick is Ramirez but you need to be part of the Theives guild.

Swampweed stalks or the plant? The plants are just about everywhere there is water, small puddles, lakes etc. For stalks you have to kill bandits, or beat up Dar in merc camp for 18 of them. Or learn Alchemy and make them yourself.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 4:52 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Since you are already an apprentice, I'd think you already got his trust, but you did only need 4 of the 5. Just ask Vatras and Daron to bless you(you'll need 300 gold). You should also donate 200 gold to Daron once a day if you can. You'll get perm bonuses for doing it.

There is a map around here with locations of herbs. Trying to guide you to the few spots I can remember would take forever.

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:00 pm
Predator
Guards Lieutenant
Guards Lieutenant

I think you don't need 300 gold to get their blessings. It charges me only 50 gc to get their blessings. Also donate 50 gold everyday. After donating 3-4 times(for these donations you get +2 mana +1 str +1 lp etc. I mean you get random blessing) , you always get 5 hp until you donate 1000 gold. So If you donate 200 gold, you get less blessing. (5 times and 1000 gold). But If you donate 50 gold , you can get 16x5=90 hp and +random blessings.

Joining Mercs doesn't affect you game.

To Snapperweed:

http://forum.jowood.de/attachment.php?s=&postid=425088
Post Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:03 pm
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

you get the blessing from vatras without being charged
darons blessing costs 50 gold

if you have 1000 gold go and spent them to him but only 50 do this 20 times and you get some bonus and you can make this on one day!!!

thorben should trust you after you paid the 100 gold for gritta to matteo
you do not need to get the blessings

you only need them so that he votes for you to get an apprentice in khorinis

"In darkness we are born, in darkness we will die."

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:55 am
Kavamoon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

thanks for all the good tips guys!
I found snapperweed at the alchemist in the upper quarters, I was not looking for swampweed. Anyway thanks.
But I´m still having problems with Matteo, he doesn´t mention a word of Grittas debts. Do I have to get him, his stock that the paladins took from him, he complained about that.
Tried resolving the issue with the guard outside by beating him up repeatibly...
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:39 pm
darth
Village Leader
Village Leader

No reason to beat the guard up unless you'r einto that kind of thing, Matteo tells you that so you can get a hint that theres a leather armor you can steal back there. Other then that there's nothing else to it.

If he isnt telling you about Gritta its because you are already an aprentice with somone. He tells you this as part of your quest to become an aprentice.
Post Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:54 pm
Kavamoon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

OMG, so I will never be able to open chests?
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:02 am
liquid
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

if you join the thieves guild you can learn it from ramirez

"In darkness we are born, in darkness we will die."

"Piranhas are watching you. Piranhas are crunching your boots. Well, swim home to mommy!"
Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:20 am
SirDeity
Gothic's Loyal Hero
Gothic's Loyal Hero

quote:
Originally posted by liquid
you get the blessing from vatras without being charged
darons blessing costs 50 gold ... if you have 1000 gold go and spent them to him but only 50 do this 20 times and you get some bonus and you can make this on one day!!!

Players have the option of donating gold to Vatras. Are you rewarded for donating a certain amount, maybe in a certain chapter? I noticed when you donate gold you hear a sound as though you just gained a level or some stats. Why do you hear a strange sound if you don't get anything in return (other than blessing...) for donating?
I am the founder and former leader of a guild in EQ, retired member of The Code in EQ, original member of KOE in AOE2, past Corporal of EVO in MOHAA, respected veteran of UT 2003, a conquerer of all decent games, and an aspiring game developer.

Gothic's Loyal Hero, SirDeity
Post Wed Jul 30, 2003 5:09 pm