Casting spells and things
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - General

Author Thread
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Casting spells and things

OK, I have spells in my inv, how do I cast them? I'm a Rogue3/Ranger2 still in Chapter One.
Ooohhhh, and how do I set traps ~ just drop them, or what?
Also.... the scroll to get the animals from the zoo.... How do I activate that?
So MANY questions, can you tell I'm new to this!?
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 7:14 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

I remember there are very few spell scrolls for other character than a bard/sorceror/wizard... Apart from that, you just assign a slot for them, or simply use them from your inventory (that is, if you can use them)
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:42 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Spells and things

What? I just click on them to use them? I've gathered that they have a list of who can use them, but IF you can it doesn't tell me anywhere in the manual if I have to be at a certain level or anything.
I've figured out the portal for the animals from the zoo,
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:35 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

OK, let's see here...

To use a scroll, right click on it to bring up the radial menu. "Use" will be in the lower right. Since you're a rogue, you'll be using your "Use Magic Device" skill to attempt to use those items. Table 12 in the manual will give you somewhat of a feel for whether it will work, and the inventory screen "reds out" items that you can't use (although it's a little hard to see with scrolls). As HWF mentioned, you can drag the scroll into your quickslots for use as well.

Setting traps is also an option in one of the radial menus. It's in the same menu as examining and disarming traps. You'll right click on the trap in your inventory to bring up the menu and select the "Set Trap" option.

Disclaimer- I haven't played a rogue yet, so I could be full of it, but I think this advice will work.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 4:13 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Spells and things

OK, thanx. I'll give it a go. I guess I should really just play about a bit with things. I can always save the game. I'm just a bit scared I'll stuff things up, lol.
Post Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:48 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Henchman

I've lost my henchman in Helm's Hold and I don't know how to get him back. I used the stone of recall but I didn't come back to the usual place to find him waiting for me.
Am I destined to play alone now? I'm not a fighter [Although I did defeat all 4 of those animated armour fiends - by just plugging away at them ~ a few wound potions kept me topped up tho ] lol.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 6:10 am
hwfanatic
Average Fanatic
Average Fanatic

I wouldn't worry all so much.. My henchpeople were getting lost every now and then. It's been a while since I last played, so I can't remember how to bring them back right now, but I do know you can always hire another one...
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:13 am
puma
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

henchman

You cannot regain your henchman while in Helm's Hold, which is between Act I and Act II. Proceed until you get to act II, you should find this one or another henchmen waiting for you, willing to follow you.
Post Mon Mar 31, 2003 11:00 am