Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Ideas to get the Englsih veriosn, released?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > The Fall

Author Thread
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Ideas to get the Englsih veriosn, released?

Anyone know if the German version was/is in good shape currently?
Reason I am asking, I do not understand the delay unless it is based on the game being to buggy.

If it is complete as stated on the web page ( http://www.the-fall.com/e/index.php ) then at the very least , why have these guys just called Valve if they can not find a English Pub?
It may not be the perfect solution but at least they would have worldwide distribution.
Hell just being listed on Valve or Bioware would give them access to ptotienal millions of gamers.

Even reading the English Dev forums, is frustrating due to the lack of communication.

Anyone got suggestions or ideas to get in contact with the Devs or whatever is necessary?
I mean if anyone lives near the Dev Studio maybe you could post the building layout and we can form an Assault Team to take control of the building.
Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:56 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

Pray

no I give up on the fall, they don't say anything and then expect ppl to buy thier game, me I decided that's it's time to learn german I'll beat gothic 3 to it too
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 5:55 am
Dhruin
Stranger In A Strange Land

Your theory is as good as mine. I imagine they would prefer to sign with a larger traditional publisher than Steam, which, despite its reach falls a long way short of retail (it's also skewed to an action audience). Theoretically, SSE already has a publisher. I have my doubts. The current German version is in good condition but only reached v1.9 a little while ago. Carsten told us the English release would be v2.0...I guess they could be finishing any changes agreed upon with this claimed publisher.

We have good contacts with SSE but I'm afraid they just aren't saying anything. I actually spoke to one just yesterday. Nada.
Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:00 am
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Ahh well, at least we know they are still alive and fingers twitching, thanks Dhruin.
Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:03 am
Dhruin

Check out the front page for news from Carsten Strehse that a release candidate will be sent to their (unnamed) publisher in March -- but the actual release could still by any time.

Something doesn't add up. There has to be a reason the publisher hasn't been revealed yet.
Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:27 pm
Acleacius
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

I think your right.
Only thing that comes to mind is there is a conditional (?) agreement base on the condition of the Release Canidate?

Suggest they have not contacted Bioware (not sure if they have relaesed a full game yet, online?), Valve or some Online distribution method, since they would decide about release conditions.
Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:35 am