Bow/Crossbow BS
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 - Troubleshooting

Author Thread
DoomGaZer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Bow/Crossbow BS

Ok guys, I have played the game for a while now and have been able to solve/work around most of the bugs and bad code that this game is littered with but now I am stuck. I am a mage and I was running away from a Lizard Man and a Golem (can you guess where I am?) when I turned and drew my crossbow to fire on them. Oops, the Golem got there first and decked me so I didn't complete the act of drawing my crossbow. So now, I try to run some more and draw the bow. I finally out-run the two of them and I can now try to draw my bow but look, my guy now does NOTHING when I hit the 2 key. I don't know if I hit a combination of buttons or what but I was typing and clicking away to try and run and draw my weapon. So, ok, smart guy that I am, I save the game and reload. Still no bow. I redo the key assignments and still no bow. I shutdown, reboot, reload the game and still no bow. I am very upset. I had 5 hours or more into the game between the "no bow" and my last save. I have not yet tried to buy a cheap bow and try to use it but so far all the bows in my inventory won't work no matter which one I equip. Please help. You could even give me some Hex editing information that I can do to my save game file and I would be happy. I just want to get my bow back and not have to play for an extra 5 hours or more.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:16 am
DoomGaZer
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ok, Ok. So I figured it out. I'm still mad. I no longer have bolts in my inventory. I had at least 50 prior to being slapped silly by that golem and I didn't drop them as I went back and checked. Sooo....that means the bug is only that I somehow lost an inventory item after hitting lots of buttons and getting slugged. bye
Post Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:08 am
Daedalus
High Emperor
High Emperor

u probably clicked alt button it drops things after that
Post Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:51 pm
Diskboy
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Hahahaha, thats deep, but it seems that there are a lot of bugs with items getting lost, or so it's said @ the jowood forums.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:19 am
Gorath
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

A well known bug.
Post Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:29 pm