Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
What's up with the Fear and Control Magic scrolls???
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic - General

Author Thread
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

What's up with the Fear and Control Magic scrolls???

I've been playing Gothic since monday again...before monday it was a LONG time ago that i played gothic, for whatever reason i quitted ...got into other games but i just knew i'd come back anyday to this amazing game...so glad i finally picked it back up...with all my savegame etc...

at the moment i'm doing the Focus Stones quest i got them all except that one on the most right of the map...i hope i can wear the best Sect camp armor soon , gor na toth keeps saying i need to be worthy to wear such EXQUIESITE armor...oh well...probably after the stones quest

anyhow, i'm getting way offtopic here:

i just bought 2 brand new magic scrolls

fear and control, but both i don't understand...from which i can read in my manual , control should let you control your victim, walking...etc...and fear is supposed to make victims scared???? they don't do their job then...cause when i try control on a Novice sect camper nothing happens...he just uses the magic on the victim but i can't control him....he just stands there with his hands to his head....and fear shows a weird red smoke thing...but nothing that looks like scaring of people....help please...
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 8:49 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

YES, finally got my heavy templar armor

i just don't get something, at skills etc... it says 0% at bow and crossbow..where can i learn this? i mean....i keep improving my dexterity but why is that crossbow and bow still at 0%???
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:22 pm
sauron38
Rara Avis
Rara Avis

You must train in it, like any other skill.
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:24 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You can learn bows skill at Cavalorn's and... uh... I forgot the other ones, sorry. Scorpio is the only crossbow trainer in the colony; you're a templar, so you won't be able to learn crossbow from him before chapter 4.
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:25 pm
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

I'm right into chapter 4: nexos or something...forgot the chapter name...but do you mean i just can't train for crossbow just because i'm a templar or .....???
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:30 pm
Val
Risen From Ashes
Risen From Ashes

**Minor spoiler**

Scorpio is a member of the Old Camp, so he won't train you while he is a member.
Post Wed Apr 24, 2002 9:50 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

You'll be able to learn crossbow even tho you are a templar, i just got lvl 33 myself and i JUST now put 2 lvls into crossbow so i can use my crossbow of war effectivly against those fire lizards.. those things are STRONG
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:50 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

You can train if you're a templer, but not before chapter 4....
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 11:34 am
bigkabuto
High Emperor
High Emperor

sorry for these kinda stupid questions..i used to know all this when i just had gothic for a while...but i've been away from this game for a very long while...completely forgot about this stuff....but im still confused...i'm not before chapter4, i am in chapter4, so where can i train for crossbow use???

oh yeah, and what is up with those 2 magic scrolls? i don't understand these 2 but they definetely sound very interesting...would love to take control over someone in a camp i don;t like and throw him of a mountain.
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:13 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

ok, the crossbow training guy is at a little hut near the path that leads from the OC (old camp) to the NC (new camp), hes standing out front at a campfire, and he sells ALOT of VERY VERY VERY nice gear, he *should* have a yellow crossbow on his back, its the same hut that the guy that teaches the "sneak" skill is at, youll know when you see him
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 3:49 pm
DzD
Unknown
Unknown

You mean Cavalorn? When I played I couldīnt talk to the guy that stands outside because I jumped down a cliff with 6 orcs after me. 5 died and 1 killed the guy outside the hut.
His latest, a hit
Cuz the Little One's a mystery to me

Written by - dteowner
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 5:05 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

If he dies just cheat to resurrect him, enter marvin mode by going into your "Status" screen, then type "marvin" then exit the status screen, walk up to the guy until his name appears, then press O, then press F8, i had to do it a few times myself
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:16 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

If you kill people let them be dead! Learn to live with the consequences of your deeds!
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:30 pm
Striz
Village Leader
Village Leader

Well, lets put it this way, either take 4 minutes to load a new game, or use a cheat that wont affect the game and save yourself 4 minutes of torture
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:34 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Okay okay, I admit it, in Scorpio's case I made an exception as well and reloaded (I still think he's nice ), but in all the other (rare) instances where I killed somebody I just let them rest in peace.
Post Thu Apr 25, 2002 6:42 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next