Ehhhh some questions pleas awnser them
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Gothic 2 General

Author Thread
Syrokal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Ehhhh some questions pleas awnser them

i have some mony and i want to bye a good Rpg gothic 2 is looking like the choice but i need to clear somethings up

Is there a large aray of spells and effects for magic casters?

Is it masively multyplayer? (as in neverwinter nights)
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:17 pm
Jinx
Protector of the Realm
Protector of the Realm

there's a decent array of spells for the magic users. Though it would depend on how many you think is decent (or large for that matter).
no multiplayer though.
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:59 pm
Syrokal
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Oh thanks*checks gothic 2 of his list*
Post Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:22 pm
atox1100
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Gothic1/2 are probably the best 2 computer games iv ever played. if i were you i would definantly buy gothic 2. but it would be better if you've played gothic first.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 2:41 am
MC_Renzy
Fearless Paladin
Fearless Paladin

Personally, I think it's the multiplayer that ruins alot of these nowaday games. I have of yet played a decent rpg which had mulitplayer, and I've tried them all. I am so very glad that Gothic doesn't have multiplayer so this way the developers can focus on more important tasks at hand(storyline, fun factor) It really sadden s me that most of the rpgs being made now are all multiplayer, or turning that way(final fantasy series). Someday all games will be online, and thats when I call it quits too gaming.
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 3:30 am
Spunior
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

I can imagine that a game like Gothic could be great fun when played together with some friend. However, I also appreciate the fact that the game delivers a great singleplayer experience. And I'd rather have a great singleplayer experience than a half-assed singleplayer game with a half-assed multiplayer mode (= Lionheart).
Post Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:52 pm
bora
Counselor of the King
Counselor of the King

Games can be great no matter single or multi. It depends only how good they are for this two different purposes.
What I like about single it`s story where I can do sth. big and have a lot of fun and game is focused on me, me and me only. With some companions - but again who controls them - me. I can outsmart the game - gives little satisfaction too. And single can be played when I have time to play - it`s good when you have busy life and can't make additional obligations.
In multi it`s very hard to construct storylines for hundreds or thousands of players. And that`s why we have most multiplayers where nothing new happens - we can go somewhere, kill sth. or someone, steal, buy and fight for the glory of faction (good for CS funs but not for people that expect RPG). Now it`s more then 100 different multi on different stages of production. It`s latest fashion - to have MMORPG in offer. It will pass as most of these 100 will die. In my opinion only those will stay where developers will constantly invent new pieces of storylines according to development (both players and developers created) of the world.
But I must agree - it would be sad day when there was no more single-player RPGs. I want to believe this day will never come.
Post Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:34 pm
madmax1024
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Actually, Gothic I was intended to contain a multiplayer mode. PB dropped the idea though, because the in game experience suffered too much from it. MMORPG was never intended. And I'm sure you wouldn't desire it, in case you'd think it over :-)
Post Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:00 am