D&D Online
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > MMORPGs General

Author Thread
MageofFire
Griller of Molerats

D&D Online

Read the preview on Gamespy. www.gamespy.com
This games sounds like just the kind of game I'm looking for. Oddly enough, the game is not turn-based despite the name. It just has D&D feats, abilities, weapons, stuff, and spells. But combat isn't turn-based (yes!). Combat is twitch-based (finally!). I've been waiting for a twitch-based MMO for quite awhile. Also, this game has great graphics and plenty of subterranean fights against the undead. This game may be a contender to WoW. I'm not sure which one I'm going to get.

Mediocreties, I absolve you!
Post Fri Aug 06, 2004 1:06 am
Ekim
Eagle's Shadow
Eagle's Shadow

I doubt that any game will be a contender to WoW. But it does look promising, much like every game about which we hear before it is released And I'm not sure how twitch-based combat will make MMORPG's better, but I'm willing to try anything at this point if it'll save the genre from its boring combat engines...
Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:04 pm
Kaniver
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

D&D online

Any game going head to head with WOW will have it's work cut out for it. D&D online has some promise and sounds much more interesting than MEO. Everyone seems to be sticking to the tried and true trail and given the huge investments involved I understand this. It would be refreshing to see someone break out of the box with some real innovation.
Turbine has let AC1 (there most sucessfull project ) deteriorate into a bot fest undermining the games initial magic. This results from decisions or indecisions probally a mix of both that have had profound effects on gameplay and community. I might wish that they have learned a thing or two as they release future projects into a very competitive MMORPG marketplace.
D&D in a MMORPG setting........DONE RIGHT..........could be a lot of fun.

For now I wait most impatiently for WOW to go gold.
Post Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:37 pm
Ammon777
Warrior for Heaven
Warrior for Heaven

Its not going to be much of a contender of WoW and EQ2 except for its namesake license. I dont see anything innovative in it AT ALL. Its a lot better than MEO and AC2 (thank goodness), but Turbine disappointed me EVERY TIME so far and i have little faith in that team...
Post Sun Aug 15, 2004 3:55 am
Kaniver
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

One encouraging thing is that Turbine is working closely with Wizards of the Coast in developing D&D online. Course there is really very little info on this one as it is still a long long way out.
Post Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:23 pm