Arnika Safe Deposit access
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Wizardry 8

Author Thread
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

Arnika Safe Deposit access

After getting the diamond epee I exited thru the locked door instead of using the transporter. Anna , the bank woman was made red and I killed her and the guards. Is there any way to access the vaults and use the keycards since I killed them?
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:54 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

There's a panel behind where Lorrac (I think that's the teller's name) was standing with a red, yellow, and green button. The green one will bring up the safe deposit elevator, IIRC. Since you've already killed all the bank employees, feel free to hit any of the three buttons if for some reason the green one turns out to be wrong.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:20 am
sealight4
City Guard
City Guard

At this point the buttons were not working, maybe I have to do something else first since in previous games they worked. I'm not using Bloodlust this game any way, too short a range. I learned that swords have ranges and some are wider than others. That's why a fighter is shooting arrows at a baddie sitting in his lap, short range! Fang, although deadly is a short range sword, I think. Since my offensive spells are weak, this crew need extended ranges when possible. Having no Ranger is making searches tough also. I have to bump into the spot to find things. And I changed Vi's Stun rod by moving it to her equipment box. She now has a bow and some Killer polearm that was dropped. SomEhow the last game and this one Vi gave up her Stun Rod, as long as It's in her Inventory all is well. First game I couldn't move it at all.And If I send her back to He'li's the stun rod stays in the inventory box. A bug? I'll take It ANyway!
Post Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:16 pm
Bilbo
High Emperor
High Emperor

All swords appear to have the same range. The issue is directional - it goes by the way your party is facing, not the way you're looking on screen. You may have to select "walk" - and just turn in place to get your characters lined up right.

All RPCs have 1 item they're overly attached to - Vi's stun mace, Saxx's soul sax, etc. There is a sneaky way to get them to drop it completely, detailed in another thread I'm not going to look for right now. But you can easily just unequip it and keep it in the RPC's personal inventory. When you discharge an RPC from your party, you get all the equipment they are carrying except for the 1 sticky item - not a bug, just a programming decision.
Post Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:29 am
otter
One of Us

Giant's Sword is extended.
Update on sticky RPC items: just right-click the item into one of your char. portraits and then give any item to the RPC and take it back, all without leaving the RPC's inventory screen. Then you can dismiss the RPC and keep the item.
Post Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:46 am