6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 15

Author Thread
RandomKiller
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Are the Dragon a bunch of loosers?

The last two dragons were a pathetic challenge, i have managed to kill them both without a scratch. They both died from 5 - 6 sword hits with the 1H Dragon Slayer. U also have summoned a demon and it kicked the a$$ of the last dragon. Is this supposed to happen? WTF? I almost felt pitty for the stupid lizzards!
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:18 pm
Maylander
High Emperor
High Emperor

Hi, and welcome!

I don't see a "no" in the poll, but that's what I wanted to answer.

Reason: You were probably level 25 or so I assume when hunting dragons. This means you have done the game rather thorough, and that you have done a lot of side quests. If the dragons were any thougher, you'd be FORCED to do the side quests, but remember, Gothic II is a "free" game, and side quests are optional. If you are skilled, you should be able to complete the game without doing side quests(which means you would meet dragons at level 14-15).

About the demon.. for some reason demons are incredibly tough in this game. In G1 they were as good as I feel they should be, but here a couple of demons on open ground would slaughter you even late in the game. That it killed a dragon is no surprise to me. Dragons are huge, and slow, but demons on the other hand are incredibly fast, and they do A LOT of damage compared to the XP you get for killing them. I feel that there is nothing wrong with the dragons, but with the demons - they are simply too good.
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:29 pm
DJ Yahari
Village Leader
Village Leader

They were too small.... I expected some big motherfuckers, and then I am met by an Ice Dragon, not taller than 7 meters...

Why do they call that a dragon?
Post Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:34 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

and how come they all had similar attacks..i expected that ice dragon would breath ICE, not fire...only fire dragon would breath fire...
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:11 am
Shmaugus
High Emperor
High Emperor

i was thinking the same thing when i first met it, i walked up to it talked it attaked i dodged and i paused to look at the blast to make sure i wasnt seeing things... i mean why the hell would an ice dragon breath fire, what it would be weakest against if pb did that sort of thing... after all it would ment its whole cave and uncover the new camp although i wouldnt mind raiding the ore mound in this game magic ore is far to rare
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:33 am
Der_Schnitter_t
Captain of the Guard
Captain of the Guard

And why do they all succumb to six or seven summoned Skeletons. I mean the Skeletons didn't even take a loss.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:34 am
Burns11
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

What was wrong with the dragons? Bad AI. I mean, they had 2 attacks (fireball and a fire blast) and nothing else. No using their tail, claws, flight, body mass, they never used any of that to their advantage. On top of all that, their AI was simple to anticipate.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:33 am
Lestat
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i agree with most of you guys, the dragons should have been bigger and harder but how would we fight a giant dragon (which is what i was expecting)? And also, how can i kill a dragon but get killed buy 4 skeletons? wtf?!
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:51 am
Gaming-Module
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I leveled the fire dragon at the gate of Idrorath in four swings. It didn't even have a chance to get a fireball off. This was with the one handed dragon slayer too.

PB is real good at make the beginning of a game, pretty good at the middle, but terrible at endings. The difficulty should be jacked up. I'm a level 37 dragon hunter with 197 str, maxed out melee and 705 hp. Toss something challenging my way. Is the expack gonna be cake if I play it with this character?

I dunno. Gothic 1 was much better than this in my honest opinion. It feels like Gothic 2 was rushed towards the ending. That or they need to spread some of the quests out towards the final third of the game and crank up some of the enemy stats.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 6:51 am
Ishamael
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Dragons aren't very difficult if you play the game well. They should've been made better I think .. they were pretty pathetic

Only the firedragon has actually touched me .. but that was prolly more coz of me screwing up
I mean .. they weren't really tough .. and they did shitty damage.
And why the fuck did they fly? What was the use of that? Its about the fight right? Then why do they fly away like pussies lol. When they fly they can't attack and I can't attack so the whole fight is gone. And my slow'ass paladin can run as fast as they can fly so it has no use either.

The last dragon was sad .. he hardly touched the ground and I think I only got fire from him once. I was just chasing him through the cave
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:00 am
cptmaxon
High Emperor
High Emperor

the dragons were lame I mean
the first dragon really frightened me "I WILL FLAY THE SKIN FROM YOUR BONES"
so it was a suprise when i kicked his ass with my lowly paladin and
the others weren't any better .
the last one was the easiest since the all attack the same way and do the same things not very AI of them
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:08 pm
Dez
King of the Realms
King of the Realms

Yeah it was sad moment when i met lord of ice ad thunder, the biggest and baddest dragon inside the old valley..bah talk about hype.Even the ice golems were much harder.I expected ice dragon would have ice attacks like wawe of ice or something like that..How could PB ruin so badly the dragons? .And I don't even wish to talk about ending..
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:14 pm
Uriziel
Grand Mage
Grand Mage

Mylander i gotta agree, and disagree........

Agree: The demons and especially demon lords are way too tough this time. Two of them and I had little chance even with a godlike character. Since it's possible to progress thru the game quickly if you desire, you'll met them, like the one's in the monastary, at a too weak of a character to defeat them in an honest fight. You'll most likely resort to luring them to the door and using ranged on them, which is a bad bug IMHO.

Disagree: Since this is an RPG, and "most" ppl play rpg's to complete every quest, explore every nook etc., by the time you face a dragon they are simply lame. Getting to them however is another story hehe. Dam i hate the lizardmen, they rarely can be lured one at a time, and when you get several on you, it's one hell of a fight

Peter: I'll tell you what it's not for, son. And when I do, you'll understand why I can never go back to Sea World.
Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 4:29 pm