alchemy sill...HELP
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

alchemy sill...HELP

Okay; I have been eating ingredients and trying to mix ingretients all day long and I have not raised my alchemy at all, not even a show of progress....I am so freakin pissed, since this is supposed to be important for an assasin...what do I do! PLS HELP!!!
Post Mon May 06, 2002 2:32 pm
Timrek

What have you been using to mix your ingredients in? Whenever I have tried to mix ingredients it works fine. My alchemy skill has risen about 3 points have combining ingredinets for about 30 minutes total.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 4:43 pm

Hanover

My take on Alchemy...

I started with a character that has Alchemy as a Primary Skill (30 to start I think).

After playing around for a few hours, I finally looked at my inventory for Alchemy items (e.g. plants and roots). I noticed that I had about 40 of those fungus items that allow you to walk on water or water breath (they come from a type of mushroom).

I then started to eat one item at a time. Almost every time I ate an item, my Alchemy skill raised by a little bit (just point to the Alchemy skill and a pop-up box will tell you your skill - e.g. 24/100).

Sometimes I saw a message at the bottom of the screen after eating a mushroom that said something like "you do not feel any effect". When I saw this, I also noted that my alchemy skill did not raise.

I got tired of eating these items and went out and purchased a Mortar & Pestle. I then tried (and failed a lot) to create potions with ingrediants that had similar effects. When I succeeded, my Alchemy skill increased also.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 5:00 pm

freakinaye
High Emperor
High Emperor

That sucks

That really has to suck then because as an assasin, alchemy is your secondary score, so with a 15 on alchemy, I failed every single time so it looks like I should just not worry about this skill. Is it really worth it. I can get my mercantile skill up alot easier so I should just work on that and then buy this stuff at an easier price and save alot of trouble.

Next question is that I hear about injesting for the firest effect...does anyone have any idea what the other 3 are for? Will I be able to do cool things like poison my sword for more dmg and things like that?
Post Mon May 06, 2002 6:45 pm
Hanover

Answer...

I've restarted my character a few times. The character i'm playing now has that nice Alchemy skill of 30 so I can now see the first two effects on each ingredient. So I'm assuming that the higher the Alchemy skill, the more effects you can identify. The nice thing about this is, now I have a ton more options on what kind of potions I can make, since I have two effects to choose from.

The few potions I've made have been great. The waterwalking potions I can make last around 7-8 seconds...long enough for me to RUN to one of those islands just South of the Morrowind.

You seem really anxious about your skill and attribute numbers.
Post Mon May 06, 2002 6:53 pm