View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Neverwinter Nights - Spoilers

Author Thread
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Final dungeon

I suppose that I am in final dungeon.
And I need help or at least some tips, hints... In this area I can not use recall stone, this area has no exit and it is not possible to rest here. And my wizard is not able to finish it with spells he has.
Several first strong creatures are dead, but I have no more spells... I tried it several times with different memorized spell combinations, but still I have not enough spells to finish it.
Post Thu May 01, 2003 2:04 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

While you can't rest everywhere, there's several places to recharge your spells. Keep an eye on the rest button by your character- if you clear an area of bad guys, that rest button should go active.
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Thu May 01, 2003 5:43 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

So, there is place to rest in this dungeon? Interesting, I will certainly try it. I hate to be stoped so close to the end :].
Post Sat May 03, 2003 2:09 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

If you can get a little more specific about where you're at, I can get a little more specific about where you can rest. I don't want to guess since that could turn into a huge spoiler.
Post Sat May 03, 2003 4:26 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

So where I am. I am not really sure because I returned to this game after three months I spent in military barracks.
This should be final dungeon if I remember correctly. I teleproted there and there is no exit. This is place where princes or queen of lost old once live, not large area. One room with followers and picture of princes preaching to them and second room with several very very strong creatures, some kind of barrier and princes behind this barrier.
Post Sun May 04, 2003 10:04 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Yep, you're very close.

After you clear that first room, I'm pretty sure you can rest as long as you don't open the door to the second one. It took me about 50 tries to figure out a good strategy to survive the second room.
Post Sun May 04, 2003 10:16 pm
puma
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Well, I was playing a ranger, but I had a wizard henchman. He got out of spells very quickly and got killed. I never found there a place to rest either and I was also courious how a wizard may survive here. That was one of the reasons I didn't choose one to play AD&D styled game - I'm just too confuesd with spellcasting when there is no mana etc.
As for the last boss - it took me also quite a long to dispose of, but I had many supplies of regeneratives and managed it at first time. It was however nice puzzle as to how deactivate the barrier.

I hope it is no spoiler, just a good advice: while trying to deactivate it - don't go too close (I mean inside the circle).

As for the final boss - I foud her well balanced for a final boss, after you finish game you feel the well done job.
So, another question I ask myself, will a wizard have enough readied spells to kill her without need to rest and ready another portion, i.e. even if you have rested before entering her chamber? I'm just considering taking a go as a wizard.

Hello, is there any wizard who managed that? But no spoilers about tactics, please.
Post Mon May 05, 2003 11:20 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by puma
Well, I was playing a ranger, but I had a wizard henchman. He got out of spells very quickly and got killed. I never found there a place to rest either and I was also courious how a wizard may survive here.

I am quit sure I tried it (I mean I tried to rest after clearing first room) - no luck, I was not able to rest there. This simply seems imposible for wizard. I do not know - anybody here who was able to do it?
Post Mon May 05, 2003 6:05 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Can you backtrack to the teleporter by the dragons (I don't remember)?

I KNOW my cleric went into that battle with all spells ready to go, so there must be some way to do it.
Post Mon May 05, 2003 6:21 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

I beat the game with my wizard, but I recall it coming down to melee attacking several of those twits in the circle. My 2 levels of rogue helped there by letting me use more weapons than usual (and giving me evasion).

I beat the game, so it's definitely possible. I can't recall how offhand, but I'm an Old School long time Hardcore D&D player (I refused to use the stone of recall until a dungeon was clear and reloaded if I died instead of letting myself be auto-ressurrected). I had a good mix of elemental attacks at my disposal (acid, fire, cold, electricity). I was also stacked up on every scroll I could buy (money is there to be spent) and a lot of wands. I just kept dumping spells until everything was gone.

Oh, and Red Tiger actually was the one who 'won' the game. He dies rapidly, but respawns at the beginning of the last dungeon. You just have to run back and get him. Once the barrier was down he was the one who beat the last boss to near death. Then I sneak attacked and finished her. Never trust a half-drow sorcereress with a shortbow.

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon May 05, 2003 6:31 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

Problem is that I am not good and experienced AD and D player, so my wizard is not really "good balanced".
Second thing is that I tried to beat the game without Henchman. I am alone :].
Post Mon May 05, 2003 6:35 pm
EverythingXen
Arch-villain
Arch-villain

They warn you on the splashscreens that it's hard to go it alone.

In D&D, it truly is. You must play to the strengths of a party. Without a wall of iron and muscle to hide behind, a wizard is surrounded and has a bad day. Without wizardly support weakening large crowds of monsters, a fighter is mobbed to death....

I sincerely doubt I could have beaten the game as a wizard without a henchman. The heat would have been on my poor little drowess too intensely (though copious usage of wands and scrolls of summoning might help). Ranger/rogue combination would be best for soloing the game, I think...

"The old world dies and with it the old ways. We will rebuild it as it should be, MUST be... Immortal!"

=Member of the Nonflamers Guild=
=Worshipper of the Written Word=
Post Mon May 05, 2003 6:44 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

I played most of chapter one without a henchman as a "vanilla" fighter but didn't enjoy it much.

I won with a cleric using Tomi (rogue) and a summoned elemental. Once I figured out a good strategy, the final battle was actually manageable.

How in the heck did you get past those dragons with a solo caster, Danicek?
Post Mon May 05, 2003 6:49 pm
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
How in the heck did you get past those dragons with a solo caster, Danicek?

It was possible. My wizard was strong enough and summoned familiar + high level creature helped to keep dragons away.

But in this final dungeon summoned creatures are dead and swords are not good thing for my "notarmored" self.
Post Mon May 05, 2003 9:01 pm
puma
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Oh, now I recall I also, even as a ranger, used quite a lot enchanted items, sticks, wands, etc. I don't remember much, but it helped a lot. There are also some scrolls, that wizards only may use. I don't remember if you can buy them, or if they can only be found.
Now, at least I can imagine how a wizard can win, but this may be quite difficult in your situation, Danicek, i.e. if you don't want to go back too much.
Anyway, good luck to you. Write your story if you manage this somehow.
Post Tue May 06, 2003 9:58 pm

Goto page 1, 2  Next