Cheat code to move NPCs?
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Cheat code to move NPCs?

What's the cheat code for moving an NPC who'se blocking the way?
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:17 pm
cfmdobbie
High Emperor
High Emperor

The command is "ra", which stands for "reset actors". It's been asked for many, many times in these forums - I get the feeling that it should have been in the manual...
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:06 pm
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

I either climbed or levitated over those annoying people, or - in the case of those two Hlaalu folks who occupied my house for ten or so real-time months - finally fast-talked them into attacking me, and killed them in self-defense. Had I thought of searching for a cheat, they might still live, but I didn't like them too much, anyway - they were just Dunmer after all .
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:48 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Lmao. That's what I've been doing, but this time it's a bit hard to levitate over someone at the bottom of a stairwell.
Seems you always answer my posts Jaz, I should just get a hot-line direct to you Have you played EVERY game, lol
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:05 pm
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Jaz hasn't played every game. Jaz has dominated every game. That's why she has her own group of sycophants, the Unauthorized, Unofficial Jaz Fan Club (of which I'm an original member).
RIP Red Wings How 'Bout Dem Cowboys!
Post Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:47 pm
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

LMAO. I must be a member by proxy then, lol.
Still hasn't answered my question for the cheat codes to move these suckers tho.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:33 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Look at cfmdobbie's post again. Or, you could look at the new sticky thread inspired by your question.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:37 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

OOppsss sorry I missed that one.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:41 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

quote:
Originally posted by dteowner
Jaz hasn't played every game. Jaz has dominated every game.

Dte is shamelessly exaggerating, Sherrin - there's not a single game I dominated, though I admit I was a really good at Quake deathmatch back in '96 (that was before the *good* players took over). But as long as a CRPG is single player, without a party and has at least an optional first person mode, chances are good I played it.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:32 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

WWOOWWW. I've got a long way to go then But when do you get time to play, you're always on here answering questions? Do you work? Or is gaming your work?
Reminds me......... is it possible to get a job trialing new games? I'd like that
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:42 am
dteowner
Shoegazer
Shoegazer

Jaz just tells time to stop. It makes it much easier to get her gaming done.

You'd need to get a job as a reviewer for a gaming magazine. The good news is that you get paid to play lots and lots of games. The bad news is that you have to play lots and lots of games. The worse news is that for every Morrowind you get to finish, you'd have to complete 5 Wizardry8's. (on a side note, the positions of those titles should be reversed in my opinion, but I tailored the post just for you, Sherrin )
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:52 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

PMSL. I gathered that dte. But still, it'd be fun, I'd enjoy it. Do you have any contacts? I've got a background in writing - as you can probably tell by my posts (not a spelling mistake or a grammatical error in sight, lol) And I've got the time to play loads of games - I already play 12 - 15 hours a day - depending on the game and if it grabs my attention. Some are worth plugging on with for their storyline, others are good graphics and still others are just good fun. Yeah, I could handle putting up with the Wiz8's, the good ones'd make it worthwhile. Plus I wouldn't let my personal preferences get in the way (I'm good like that - I hate everything equally, pmsl)
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:04 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Yeah, Jaz. I prefer the single-person games too. I find I tend to get a bit lost with the team based ones - too many people to worry about, lol.........and the turn based ones forget it; Mists (Myths?) of Dranor (or something like that - a Forgotten Realms game anyway) drove me nuts; all that waiting to have one sword swing - that usually missed anyway.
Sooooo, Jaz, can you recommend some good games for me - I'm new to this and have only played a handful.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:15 am
Jaz
Late Night Spook
Late Night Spook

Sherrin - I do work (actually, it's a 10-12 hours-a-day job), and my job has nothing to do with gaming. Checking the forums is the first thing I do in the morning (actually it's the second thing, watering the flowers comes first) before I go to work, and the first thing I do after I return from work. Sometimes (right now, for example) I'll check the forums from work as well (shouldn't do it, however). I do my gaming at night and on weekends - a pity I don't have the time anymore I used to have several years ago, so I don't replay games as often as I used to.

As for single-player, no-party CRPGs I liked and I might recommend... well, you know most of them, anyway: Morrowind, the Gothics, Arx Fatalis (newer games), Deus Ex, System Shock 1 and 2, Ultima Underworld 1 and 2, Shadowcaster, Redguard, Cybermage, Daggerfall and Arena (older/really old games). Some of them aren't 'proper' CRPGs, anyway, but contain RPG elements. I haven't played Ultima 9, though, a game which is said to be a lot like Gothic.
Some other games which definitely aren't CRPGs but which I like a lot are the Thief games, Realms of the Haunting, Undying - all with a great atmosphere.

There are two CRPGs I like despite them being birdy-view and party-based (and had round-based combat at that): Planescape Torment (story-heavy) and Jagged Alliance II (best inter-NPC interaction in my opinion).

I take it you're not interested in beat'em ups (one of my favorite genres) so I won't recommend any now, but in case you're interested in online shooters, try Day of Defeat (don't worry about handling your party - they are all real people who can think for themselves ). It's my favorite CTF game.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:53 am
Zephyr Elvirion
Baron of the Court
Baron of the Court

Ohh Kewl. Thanx for that. I've played a few of those already, Arx, Gothic I (I'm waiting for Gothic II and Deus Ex to arrive). I've not tried the Ultima games - I thought they were online only. I've not tried the MMORPG type yet, not sure if I could cope to tell the truth, I'm more of a loner-type player (as well as a new one, lol)
You're right, I'm not a Shooter fan - I liked Vampire the Masquerade - Redemption until the modern-day shooting began, lol.
I've made a note of your recommendations, thanx heaps. I've been trying to get Daggerfall for a while but haven't had much luck - I'll persue it more aggressivly now - I got Battlespire but it wouldn't play on ME.
Post Tue Jul 15, 2003 10:25 am

Goto page 1, 2  Next