View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Oblivion - General

Author Thread
CodeMan
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

I Know What's Missing From Oblivion!

Dual Wield!

We need dual wield. Forget a shield, I want to hit with two weapons. Could it possibly be there and I just haven't found it yet?
Post Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:23 am
Danicek
The Old One
The Old One

I think it is not there and I think it would be great. It would however need addition of a Dual Wield skill to make it worth.
Post Tue Apr 11, 2006 6:55 am
Majnun
Village Leader
Village Leader

A (very) limited dual wield mod:

http://www.tessource.net/files/file.php?id=2435

A more expansive (but also very limited) dual wield mod (work in progress):

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=360343

The problem with both of these is that they merely reskin a shield into a sword. So in reality you are still using a Sword & Shield...it just looks like 2 swords. And no, you can't attack with it.

I wouldn't bother with either of these mods just yet (except maybe to see how it looks). Neither will be "true" dual wielding but they are a (small) step in the right direction.

And like Danicek said, it would need a skill associated with it as well. I remember reading that we won't be able to add new skills using the editor so I dunno how flexible the system is. Might be possible for someone to redo an existing skill though. Maybe make 3 versions of the .esp file, 1 that replaces each of the melee skills with Dual Wield skill. That way it would work with all weapons (potentially).

Of course that's all just dreaming since I don't even know if it's possible. But if it is possible you can be sure someone will make it work eventually.
Post Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:30 am
Carpathic
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

I don't know why everyone always wants dual-wield in a game -- except perhaps for the extra damage. If there is to be a dual-wield there should be some significant disadvantages for its use. (though I am the first to admit, dual-wield certainly looks tres cool...)
Post Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:28 pm