Screenshots
   Videos

Miscellaneous
   Staff Members
   Privacy Statement

FAQ
Members
Usergroups
Newbie NEEDS manual! Will paypal you $10! HELP!
  View previous topic :: View next topic
RPGDot Forums > Morrowind - General

Author Thread
gladiator24_7
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

Newbie NEEDS manual! Will paypal you $10! HELP!

Morrowind came bundled with my GF4 Ti4200 video card. All that came was the cd and the case, NO manual. There is SOOO much I don't know, like what an alembic is, or a calcinator, and this would be good to know considering I chose alchemist as a major skill, or how to pickpocket, or whether or not I really am dodging those swords blows when I jump around like a madman and on and on

Perhaps if you're now a morrowind guru and no longer need a manual, you can help a newbie out? I've checked everywhere for an electronic version and have had no luck. I can paypal you $10 as compensation for the pain in the butt to ship it, hopefully first only to verified paypal members.

Thanks.

Gladiator24_7@hotmail.com
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:30 am
Sk'ar
Village Leader
Village Leader

Why don't you just ask you're question here? The gurus can answer your questions ! I am not nearly a guru, as I have not played in quite sometime, but I'll try to answer your questions.
Alembics and Calcinators are both pieces of alchemical equipment. To make a potion you must have a mortar and pestle. The other equipment will increase the potancy of positive effects, decrease negative effects, and increase the value of the potion.
To pickpocket you simply hold down your sneak key (control?) and hit the use button when you see there name. Its good to have a high intelligence and sneak when your performing this skill as you can be easily caught.
About jumping around like a madman, I don't know. You probably dodge some blows becuase you're out of range when there swung, but that question can only really be answered by you. See how acrobatics works for you, some poeple are good at jump dodging, som arent.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:48 am
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

I don't know where you can find the manual, but there are two excellent and free Morrowind strategy guides available on-line. One is available at www.videogames.com in the "Guides/Cheats" section. You can't download it without a $30 membership, but you can read it on-line for free. It is more than 300 pages long, in full color, with charts, lists, maps, quest guides, and a whole lot more.
If you go to the Stratos Group at www.stratosgroup.com, you can download a similar 300+ page full-color guide in PDF format. When you get to the download link, right-click on the link, click on "Save Target As" and name the file as whatever name you choose. You will need Acrobat Reader to open the guide, but that is available as a free download if you don't have it at www.adobe.com.
The only thing these two guides won't tell you is the keyboard configuration, but you can figure that out on your own or ask someone here to provide you with that information.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 5:59 am
TribalMan
Conflict Within
Conflict Within

gladiator24_7 If you have not already, check you private messages
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:27 am
gladiator24_7
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

First of all, I love you all. I have posted threads and searched for hours and have been unable to find the answers which you have just provided me. Thanks a lot.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:38 am
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

Gladiator 24_7,

I just thought of three additional Morrowind resources. Go to www.gamefaqs.com to find three more walkthgroughs and about 40 different faqs on individual aspects of the game, including a few on alchemy and potions. Also, check out www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind which is the Morrowind Summit home page. Morrowind summit has two walkthroughs and an excellent hints and tips section. You can link to both section from Morrowind Summit's homepage. Finally, check out www.morrowind.melian.cc which is an outstanding site devoted solely to the topic of alchemy in Morrowind.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:56 pm
Davo
City Guard
City Guard

The correct link for the Morrowind alchemy site is actually http://morrowind.melian.cc. Sorry about the bad link in the previous post.
Post Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:58 pm
rawhead
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

i got a GREAT manual from gamespot.com, it comes in acrobat format and its like 500 pages long, but i dont remember the exact like sorry. Its not hard to find tho.
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:35 am
rawhead
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

LINK i mean
Post Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:36 am
Kris
Eager Tradesman
Eager Tradesman

Another outstanding resource for Morrowind is mousenet. There is a huge store of information, tables, walkthroughs etc etc and some excellent maps, including a zoomable interactive one that you can type in the name of somewhere you're trying to find and it will locate it for you.

It takes a while to load when you visit, but there's a downloadable version of it too.

http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/espmor.shtml

Good luck, it's an outstanding game.
Post Mon Jan 27, 2003 7:15 am
CoolDemon
Village Dweller
Village Dweller

You will find all your answers in the 130 pages easy to understand script manual (TES for Dumies 5.0 ) at

http://www.euro-morrowind.com/newplugins/20030206_0022_Morrowind%2BScripting%2Bfor%2BDummies%2B5_GhanBuriGhan.zip
Post Fri Feb 07, 2003 10:52 pm
Dybbuk
Keeper of the Gates
Keeper of the Gates

Real men dont read manuals!
Post Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:47 pm